What's new

Dante has been out forever because he ded

The coach has been putting him in the corner for 3 years. Do U agree? Do U agree that this was the first time he's had a chance to play his game? Just think Ricky can't play against elite guards. U can't win with him.
I mean I think he got doghouse'd a few too many times in his career sure, but I don't blame Quin for finding it hard to trust Exum to have the ball in his hands often after last years playoffs where his defense was vital for Harden but he was coughing the ball up every 2nd possession on the offensive end because of his poor handle. I've said many times before that Quin's best adjustment he's made all season was to simplify the bench offense and just let Exum run PnR with Favs + 3 shooters.

If he can do it consistently post all star break and it works in the playoffs too then I think Exum plays Rubio out of Utah since I think DL will feel comfortable letting Exum handle starting PG duties and he'll chase wings and bigs that can shoot with Rubio's money. We've already seen flashes of it with Exum closing games out over Rubio or getting extra minutes in lineups with Rubio, it just needs to happen on a consistent basis before it becomes a real discussion.

I mean I think he got doghouse'd a few too many times in his career sure, but I don't blame Quin for finding it hard to trust Exum to have the ball in his hands often after last years playoffs where his defense was vital for Harden but he was coughing the ball up every 2nd possession on the offensive end because of his poor handle. I've said many times before that Quin's best adjustment he's made all season was to simplify the bench offense and just let Exum run PnR with Favs + 3 shooters.

If he can do it consistently post all star break and it works in the playoffs too then I think Exum plays Rubio out of Utah since I think DL will feel comfortable letting Exum handle starting PG duties and he'll chase wings and bigs that can shoot with Rubio's money. We've already seen flashes of it with Exum closing games out over Rubio or getting extra minutes in lineups with Rubio, it just needs to happen on a consistent basis before it becomes a real discussion.

He better do it consistently if he was what blocked the Conley deal

It’ll be six weeks this Saturday.

3 ‘unfortunate accidents’ in four years in one too many. Didn’t Mitchell get a terrible looking ankle injury involving another shoe against Houston in the playoffs? He was playing the next game.

and each was different. rolling an ankle could happen to anyone. nothing to do with being injury prone

and how do you know about the severity of Exum's injury? it's not even halftime

Bam

It's been reported it was a bad ankle sprain. Perhaps you could recover in one week and play professional basketball like nothing happened. Each injury/person is different. The thing is, you don't have any inside information about his medical condition (no one has). You just want to vent your frustration or are just an Exum hater who wants to feel validated.

It's been reported it was a bad ankle sprain. Perhaps you could recover in one week and play professional basketball like nothing happened. Each injury/person is different. The thing is, you don't have any inside information about his medical condition (no one has). You just want to vent your frustration or are just an Exum hater who wants to feel validated.

Yes, anyone being critical is a hater. Christ I hate that ****ing term.

Yes, anyone being critical is a hater. Christ I hate that ****ing term.

But there is nothing constructive, smart or critical about some of these posts, just venting, thus the use of the term. The dude got injured and 1 minute later people start yelling in frustration about his health. It was an unfortunate injury but at least nothing long-term or nagging (it's not like he is constantly missing 5 games here and there because of back spams, pulled hamstrings, sore knees, and the sort of injuries that affect other injury prone players). He had an ALC, dislocated shoulder and now a rolled ankle. Some of it is back luck. But it would also say is a combination of his frame, playing style and lack of body control which leads to him falling in awkward angles or not absorbing contact the right way.

And I get the frustration and real concerns about his durability. But what's the point of going over and over about his health and opening new threads about it. Don't you guys want him to do well and progress? Do you find happiness or feel validated when he gets injured or take longer to recover? Do you feel the same about other players?. As long as he is a Jazz player I will support him and wish him well as that also helps our team. Sometimes JFC is full of such negativity and nonsense about our own players.

You just want to vent your frustration
Yes exactly.

I happen to think it’s perfectly valid to be frustrated that the #5 overall pick who just got a contract extension has been injured more often than not for his entire tenure with the Jazz.

You don’t, for some reason.

Exum is not what stopped the Conley deal. It's not that DL wouldn't trade Exum for Conley, its that DL wouldn't trade Favors, Rubio, a 1st, a 2nd AND Exum for Conley. DL made a fair offer and wouldn't budge and give up more.

DL isn't going to let Rubio walk to start Exum. Not. Going. To. Happen. The Jazz are trying to win basketball games and Ricky is better than Dante right now. The only way Rubio is not the starting PG next year is if DL can sign or trade for someone better than Rubio at PG/SG. Otherwise, get used to Tricky Ricky.

Yes exactly.

I happen to think it’s perfectly valid to be frustrated that the #5 overall pick who just got a contract extension has been injured more often than not for his entire tenure with the Jazz.

You don’t, for some reason.

I'm frustrated but I don't vent or complain about things I can't control. Instead, I try to remain optimistic.

But there is nothing constructive, smart or critical about some of these posts, just venting, thus the use of the term. The dude got injured and 1 minute later people start yelling in frustration about his health. It was an unfortunate injury but at least nothing long-term or nagging (it's not like he is constantly missing 5 games here and there because of back spams, pulled hamstrings, sore knees, and the sort of injuries that affect other injury prone players). He had an ALC, dislocated shoulder and now a rolled ankle. Some of it is back luck. But it would also say is a combination of his frame, playing style and lack of body control which leads to him falling in awkward angles or not absorbing contact the right way.

And I get the frustration and real concerns about his durability. But what's the point of going over and over about his health and opening new threads about it. Don't you guys want him to do well and progress? Do you find happiness or feel validated when he gets injured or take longer to recover? Do you feel the same about other players?. As long as he is a Jazz player I will support him and wish him well as that also helps our team. Sometimes JFC is full of such negativity and nonsense about our own players.

Exum is not what stopped the Conley deal. It's not that DL wouldn't trade Exum for Conley, its that DL wouldn't trade Favors, Rubio, a 1st, a 2nd AND Exum for Conley. DL made a fair offer and wouldn't budge and give up more.

DL isn't going to let Rubio walk to start Exum. Not. Going. To. Happen. The Jazz are trying to win basketball games and Ricky is better than Dante right now. The only way Rubio is not the starting PG next year is if DL can sign or trade for someone better than Rubio at PG/SG. Otherwise, get used to Tricky Ricky.
No