What's new

Game Thread Dec 20, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Hornets

Added to Calendar: 12-20-21

How much are the Hornets favored by?

How much are the Hornets favored by?
They are coming off a back to back so it should be a win for us but we can't defend the perimeter lately... either we come out and have one of those "eff you" type of efforts and win big or the Hornets get in a groove with their up and down style and blow us out... nothing in between imo.

I'm also kind of terrible at predicting how these type of games will go where teams have such a contrast in styles... I will say tonight we set the record for number of Euro fouls.

Time to start incorporating Butler. He's has some big nights statistically in G-league. He needs Forrest's minutes.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm normally pretty lazy, but I'm going to look up the Jazz's win/loss record when Jordan Clarkson shoots under 30%....

Okay, so the Jazz now have 9 losses. In 7 of those losses, Clarkson shot 33% or below from the field. The only losses where Jordan Clarkson's shooting didn't hurt the team were the home game against Miami and the home game against San Antonio (where the Spurs shot the ball out of their minds from mid-range).

My quick conclusion is that Clarkson's poor shooting alone has cost the Jazz at least 4 or 5 wins this season. If Clarkson had just an average shooting night, the Jazz would have beaten Chicago, Orlando, Memphis, New Orleans, and Washington. In several other games, Clarkson's bad shooting has turned otherwise easy wins into close wins. That includes two wins against Sacramento and a win against Cleveland.

When I'm talking about bad shooting games from Jordan Clarkson, I mean like 2/11, 3/14 and 1/10 from 3pt kind of bad shooting games.

Last edited:
I'm normally pretty lazy, but I'm going to look up the Jazz's win/loss record when Jordan Clarkson shoots under 30%....

Okay, so the Jazz now have 9 losses. In 7 of those losses, Clarkson shot 33% or below from the field. The only losses where Jordan Clarkson's shooting didn't hurt the team were the home game against Miami and the home game against San Antonio (where the Spurs shot the ball out of their minds from mid-range).

My quick conclusion is that Clarkson's poor shooting alone has cost the Jazz at least 4 or 5 wins this season. If Clarkson had just an average shooting night, the Jazz would have beaten Chicago, Orlando, Memphis, New Orleans, and Washington. In several other games, Clarkson's bad shooting has turned otherwise easy wins into close wins. That includes two wins against Sacramento and a win against Cleveland.

When I'm talking about bad shooting games from Jordan Clarkson, I mean like 2/11, 3/14 and 1/10 from 3pt kind of bad shooting games.
I would love to try and sit him and see who can fill the job

I would love to try and sit him and see who can fill the job

Sometimes Rudy Gay can come in and score well enough to compensate for Clarkson, but Gay hasn't been shooting the ball well as of late either. That bench lineup with Clarkson and Gay on the floor together is a culprit. If you as a GM were looking at the Jazz and trying to figure out what moves to make, then early-season data would put Clarkson in the crosshairs. Ingles and Gay might be on the bubble too, with the rationale being that they're just too old to be relied upon.

Am I the only "Conley can't shoot with his right hand anymore" truther here? Should I put on the tinfoil hat?

Who gets a worse whistle than Bojan?

Wow this is playground **** right now.