1. Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com. Take a look around and report any issues in the SITE INFORMATION thread.

Deron Williams: Still a Giant Douche

Discussion in 'General Sports' started by tatermoog, Dec 20, 2012.

1. tatermoog

tatermoog Active Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    https://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessand...olding_on_too_tight.html#incart_river_default

The Thriller likes this.
  2. Hartsock

Hartsock Banned

Jan 19, 2012
    Seriously fire KOC. We could still have this whiny little bitch making 20 mill a year. Damn.

3. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I don't know who Dave D'Alessandro is, but I think it is about to get real cold for him.

Somebody needed to say it, hopefully Deron will work more on his game rather than let the anger fester inside.

4. GoJazz

GoJazz Active Member

May 26, 2010
    Deron is learning just how much he misses playing for Jerry Sloan. At the time he didn't realize that Jerry made him better, much better by putting an offense and complimentary pieces around him that enhanced his game. Now Deron has went from the top 2 or 3 point guards in the league category down to maybe top 10-15 and it is mind ****ing Deron and making him even worse.

5. Gyp Rosetti

Gyp Rosetti Banned

May 26, 2010
    This has little to nothing to do with why he's shooting so poorly and being a douche.

6. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    I heard he's addicted to pain pills. Don't have the link but the source seemed pretty reliable.

7. TheSilencer1313

TheSilencer1313 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010

Link?

8. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Dave D'Alessandro has been a sportswriter in NJ for years - and that article perfectly illustrates the difference between big market and small market media. NY/NJ is a gigantic sports market. D'Alessandro doesn't need DW to be his buddy to make a living like like he would in other smaller markets; so he can write articles calling him out like this.

It's one of the realities that Deron is going to have to get used to playing in NYC.

9. tatermoog

May 26, 2010
    I wonder if he doesn't miss that aspect of SLC as well. I follow Siler on Twitter--mainly for his love of baseball--and his affection for D-Will is really at odds with some of the perception here (i.e., mine).

Think the problem for New Jersey is that a.) they treated Williams like a franchise cornerstone instead of a pretty decent PG, and b.) they then built around that supposed cornerstone with another failed franchise cornerstone (Johnson).

Plus Williams is a monumental douche. Never forget.

10. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Deron is taking more heat as Nets continue to free fall.

Suddenly, Deron has a wrist injury and will not play tonight. That darn wrist again.

Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT about 11 minutes ago
    Breaking: Deron Williams is sitting out tonight vs. Milwaukee because of a bruised right wrist.

Mike Mazzeo @MazzESPN about 11 minutes ago
    Deron Williams OUT tonight with a bruised right wrist #Nets

And so it begins ...

Yep, Torrey Ellis is coming to Brooklyn folks. If you liked the Ricki Lake Show, you're gonna love this.

11. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    well Avery just got **** canned - sure this had nothing to do with it.

12. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    LOL

The difference between the tissue paper soft SL media and the EC media is just hilarious. And well deserving. People back there call it the way it is instead of merely cheer lead.

13. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The return of AK to the ESA tonight got me thinking about the never ending Deron drama in Brooklyn.

Isn't it ironic that Deron made a point of calling out AK, when AK was struggling with his shot and the offense and feeling the burden of his huge contract. Thats about where Deron finds himself today. Do you think he called AK, his teamate of 7 years, to ask for advice?

14. Sirkickyass

Sirkickyass Moderator Emeritus Moderator

May 25, 2010
    AK, of course, is finding that he is appreciated more from afar these days.

And for the record, I'd still like to see him retire here.

15. Chad Feldheimer

Chad Feldheimer Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

16. AshleyArmchair

AshleyArmchair Banned

Dec 28, 2012
    Like Kylie Korvie then they fired him 4 makin too many 3s and gettin ladies out to games

17. tatermoog

May 26, 2010
    I'm surprised by this, but after reading through a half dozen interviews today, I think this has a good shot of happening if the Jazz will take him.

18. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    No, he was fired because he passed up a lot of open shots during the last several games to protect his record. And those were shots the Jazz needed for him to take as the team was struggling on offense. And he even admitted to doing that.

19. Gameface

Gameface Fire Controlman

May 25, 2010

This 10000%

You've got a guy breaking the season 3pt% record, you're jockeying for home court in the first round of the playoffs, you're in a close game but slightly behind, no one is open...except Korver standing behind the 3pt line...and he's got the ball...and he's open...and he's standing there...then he passes it to someone else who isn't open.

Then he does an interview and admits he passed up on those shots because he wanted to break the record. I lost all respect for him at that point.

20. AshleyArmchair

AshleyArmchair Banned

Dec 28, 2012
    O rly? What a punk A then. We only had buttface brewer and monkeybrain miles for 3 tho so DerBear got po'd