What's new

Derrick Favors: Top 10 Scorer in Jazz History

Wtf? Did someone hack into Nate's account?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe nate just smoked a bit more than usual today so he is in a good mood. That's probably the most likely explanation

Happy for Favs... he's a great dude... its not his fault we overspend on backup center and draft multiple backup centers.

I will always be kind of torn on Favors. He woefully underachieved with the Jazz when he was given the spotlight, but he has remained consistently solid and has been a good teammate throughout his time with the Jazz.

Of course, I put a lot of that blame on mediocre coaching and GM direction before Snyder arrived. Would have been cool to see Favors in his prime as the primary center that focused on PNR instead of bulking up to facilitate terrible post-up experiments and mid-range shooting we did with him.

I’m permanently in Favors’ corner at this point. On top of everything he brings, he’s an excellent teammate. Like, definitely one of the pillars in the locker room.
Ya I will be in his corner as well. As long as HE isn't in the corner shooting 3's

His jersey is the first authentic jersey I every bought (a green one)

I will always be kind of torn on Favors. He woefully underachieved with the Jazz when he was given the spotlight, but he has remained consistently solid and has been a good teammate throughout his time with the Jazz.

Of course, I put a lot of that blame on mediocre coaching and GM direction before Snyder arrived. Would have been cool to see Favors in his prime as the primary center that focused on PNR instead of bulking up to facilitate terrible post-up experiments and mid-range shooting we did with him.
Yeah he is a unique case as used to be one of the more "hated" on players for never living up to his draft status/potential and being the shiny new toy the Jazz got for DWill.

But once Rudy came along as the starter that dynamic started to shift into recognizing everything you just stated and being just such a well liked teammate he became a fan favorite.

It is rare that a player is able to "rebuild" his image or overcome that disappoint while staying with the same team, usually that only comes with the next team that player goes to.

Yeah he is a unique case as used to be one of the more "hated" on players for never living up to his draft status/potential and being the shiny new toy the Jazz got for DWill.

But once Rudy came along as the starter that dynamic started to shift into recognizing everything you just stated and being just such a well liked teammate he became a fan favorite.

It is rare that a player is able to "rebuild" his image or overcome that disappoint while staying with the same team, usually that only comes with the next team that player goes to.
Not really. Once Gobert emerged everyone hated Favors (well not hated, but wanted him gone/replaced as a starter) because he was a starting 4 with no floor spacing on a team that really needed floor spacing.

Favors is lot of top 10 :cool:

Games #9
Field Goals #7
2-Pt Field Goals #7
2-Pt Field Goal Attempts #8
Free Throw Attempts #10
Offensive Rebounds #4
Defensive Rebounds #5
Total Rebounds #4

Blocks #7
Personal Fouls #9
Points #10
Field Goal Pct #4
2-Pt Field Goal Pct #6
Blocks Per Game #8
Player Efficiency Rating #9
Total Rebound Pct #10
Block Pct #7
Defensive Win Shares #7
Win Shares #7

RRCOXY5MDVDIBI2OIC2Q2XH2WU.jpg

Last edited:
In 2017, after a couple seasons of injury issues and trade rumors favs came up big in the playoffs against the Clips. Seems like at that point the fans started to appreciate him more.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
We definitely wouldn’t have advanced without him.