What's new

Derrick Williams for Alec Burks?

Beantown

Looks like Brandon Roy will retire. Wolves are in much need of a guard. They also seem to be done with Williams now that they have AK.

Bringing in Williams would make Millsap and Jefferson much more expendable.

Seems like a good trade for both teams.

Thoughts?

Thanks no. D.Williams is more athletic, slightly taller CJ Miles. Oozing potential but dumb as brick. Basketball IQ of 0.5.

We could certainly do worse. His per 36 stats are good: 15.6 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.3 blocks.

I can see why Minnesota would do it, like you pointed out. But, from the Jazz perspective, I think a lot of it would hinge on whether he can play SF--the same question leading up to the 2011 draft. I don't know how much time he's played at SF, but he's shooting 36% from 3 on 1.6 attempts, which isn't bad.

I'd be happy to get a legit young talent, if we really are shopping Burks, and Derrick Williams might fill a need. It's a decent idea, IMO.

The GM who selected Derrick Williams #2 overall from a year ago is not going to ****ing trade him for the #12 pick who isn't playing.

Even if it is Kahn.

Would probably take the GSW pick just to get them on the phone.

I was going to shoot this thing down but then I thought well it's Kahn were talking about. The dude that said to draftexpress in an interview after the lottery that the draft process was still young and that one would be surprised how early it was in the draft process. I guess the dude from draftexpress probably peed his pants when he figured out he had put more work in the draft process at that point than the GM from the team with the #2 pick.

I'd rather get Kevin Love. Can we get Kevin Love instead please? They can take any 2 players they want for him & the never gonna happen GSW 1st rounder.

If we get somebody from Puppies in exchange for Burks, he should be Rubio. That will never happen though.

I personally like Derrick Williams. Clearly Corbin isn't going to play Burks anyway. I just don't think the T-Wolves would do it unless we sweeten the pot with another pick.

I would certainly hope we could do much better and fill a need if we're offering Burks and the GST pick.

Who hear isn't thrilled that Minnesota took Williams over Kanter? Think of it this way and the Jazz should just give them Burks as a way of saying thank you.

Khan, KOC and Gilbert were all fools to pass on JV. Toronto should be passing out steak knives and board games to all of us.

Reactions: MVP
Umm so we can not find enough minutes for our young bigs. So why the hell would we trade for another young big without getting rid of a big?