What's new

Deseret News - Al Jefferson introduced in Charlotte, sheds light on post-season conversations with U

Utah Jazz Newsfeed

Al Jefferson says he's thrilled to join the Charlotte Bobcats, regardless of their market size and recent struggles.
765633740.jpg

Full Story...

“Me and Utah came to an understanding as far as they wanted to go with their young bigs. It makes a lot of sense. I think both of them are going to be superstars one day. I couldn't be mad at them for that.”
Great quote from Big al

Good to hear there was absolutely no waffling by the Jazz over the decision to let Jefferson walk.

Also in the article: news on Tyrus Thomas.

July 2010 - Bobcats sign Thomas to a $40M/5 yr deal.
July 2013 - Bobcats amnesty Thomas.

No wonder Charlotte is a joke of a franchise!

Al was always a class act while he was in Utah. I wish him the best in the future.

That's a big thing, that a lot of people don't seem to aknowlege here. Sure everyone had different problems with his game, and how much the offense depended on him, but no one can honestly say he didn't enjoy being in Utah from the day he arrived to the day he left.

Al Jefferson also thought Johnny Flynn was going to be a star. Let's hope this prognostication is a little more accurate. But he is a good guy, that's for sure.

I don't think any of us here had any problems with Al the person. He seems like a really great guy and a good teammate.
I hope he does great in Charlotte.

Not the biggest fan of Big Al's game (or rather, the way everything moved through him to the hoop), but he was always a nice guy, happy to be here, a professional. He certainly did help us win some games, but obviously understood the Jazz were going another direction and understands that. Thanks, Al.

Al Jefferson also thought Johnny Flynn was going to be a star. Let's hope this prognostication is a little more accurate. But he is a good guy, that's for sure.

It's called taking the high road. Even if he doesn't really believe it he scores point by just saying it.

I don't think any of us here had any problems with Al the person. He seems like a really great guy and a good teammate.
I hope he does great in Charlotte.

exactly, not one person/poster has a problem with Al the person or Al the teammate.

people hated to different degree his lack of defense(whether by lazyness or lack of defensive skill)
and the way corbin used him in alfense.

he got a great payday i am happy for him.