What's new

Deseret News - Report: Former BYU forward Kyle Collinsworth signs with Japanese pro team

J

Joe Coles

20151231 BYU guard Kyle Collinsworth (5) drives on Saint Mary’s (Calif.) guard Joe Rahon (25) during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in Moraga, Calif., Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu) Jeff Chiu Kyle Collinsworth, Joe Rahon AP
BYU guard Kyle Collinsworth (5) drives on Saint Mary’s guard Joe Rahon (25) during the first half of a college basketball game in Moraga, Calif., Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015. | Jeff Chiu, Associated Press

Former BYU forward Kyle Collinsworth is going back to playing professional basketball.

First reported by The Athletic, the former Cougars star will play for the Mikawa Seahorses of the B.League in Japan. The team is located in Kariya.

Former BYU star and former Dallas Maverick Kyle Collinsworth has signed to play in Japan with the Mikawa Seahorses, sources tell The Athletic

— Tony Jones (@Tjonesonthenba) September 19, 2020
I’m glad I entered this pre season with my chopstick game tight. Moving and picking up the food great!

— Kyle Collinsworth (@bigrussia5) September 24, 2020

Collinsworth starred at BYU from 2010-11 and 2013-16. He holds the record for most NCAA basketball career triple-doubles with 12. Collinsworth went undrafted and was picked up by the Dallas Mavericks. He spent time with the Mavericks’ G-League affiliate, the Texas Legends, and made his NBA debut with the Mavericks in 2017. He played 32 games for Dallas in the 2017-18 season, averaging 3.2 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists.

Following his stint in the NBA, he played for the Toronto Raptors and Utah Jazz’s G-League affiliates. He also improved his lifestyle and shares information about how to be healthier. Now he’ll get another shot at playing professional basketball, this time overseas.

Full Story from the Deseret News...