What's new

Dipo looking to move on, any takers?

MCarter

How would Oladipo fit in our system?
How would him and Donovan work together?
How much would he cost us to get?
How much would we sign him for?
Is it worth the risk?
Does he help us take the next step?
Discuss.

I think Dipo would fit just fine alongside Don in our backcourt. How we could get him... I imagine it'd have to be Conley+pick(s). I could see an argument for it, though I wouldn't want to give up too many picks. Lessens the need for Clarkson in my eyes.

Mitchell
Oladipo
O'Neale
Bogdanovic
Gobert

Looks pretty nice. Bench would need some work, but Ingles is a good starting point.

Oladipo is a winning move for us if we can pull it off. I would swap Conley for Oladipo in a heart-beat but there is no way we can get him, Our FO will not move on from Conley, no matter what. They will roll it all back next year. Sad but true.

Dipo is undersized coming off a major injury. Is also a bit of an inefficient chucker. What is the point of adding him again? Pass.

2x all star, 1x all nba, 1x all defensive. It’ll be his age 28 season. Combo guard with decent height (6’4”). There is a scenario where someone like that could benefit a team.

Additionally, Leonard had a significant injury, same with Durant and Thompson. I think we’d pay any of those 3 max money for the potential they could bring.

2x all star, 1x all nba, 1x all defensive. It’ll be his age 28 season. Combo guard with decent height (6’4”). There is a scenario where someone like that could benefit a team.

Additionally, Leonard had a significant injury, same with Durant and Thompson. I think we’d pay any of those 3 max money for the potential they could bring.

First off all 3 of them are lightyears ahead of Dipo. 2nd, I'm not opposed to giving him a try but at what cost? It would have to be pretty minimal for me to get on board.

How would Oladipo fit in our system?
How would him and Donovan work together?
How much would he cost us to get?
How much would we sign him for?
Is it worth the risk?
Does he help us take the next step?
Discuss.
What is this, 20 questions? Do you have an opinion of your own?

What is this, 20 questions? Do you have an opinion of your own?

Haha hey man, if you want a good conversation with greater perspective you gotta get the ball rolling. I love hearing people’s takes so if you got one shoot away. I typically don’t make decisions super quick, I chew on things for awhile and try to gain perspective so that is the benefit of taking in more opinions.

Oladipo is a winning move for us if we can pull it off. I would swap Conley for Oladipo in a heart-beat but there is no way we can get him, Our FO will not move on from Conley, no matter what. They will roll it all back next year. Sad but true.
The Jazz would no doubt swap the two. I'm sure they would also throw in a pick and a guy like Royce.

@Saint Cy of JFC

Ok, that is fair. He's small. The Jazz desperately need length. Desperately. They also need athleticism, which Dipo had but doe he still? It's a slippery slope. Now does he not just duplicate what Don does for the most part? I think he is a good player, was a good player anyways, does he really do much to move the needle? If he comes in at less than 100% at least?

Well is he a 1 or 2? He's not a 1 at all so a 6'3" guy at the 2 is undersized. So the same world

Ok, that is fair. He's small. The Jazz desperately need length. Desperately. They also need athleticism, which Dipo had but doe he still? It's a slippery slope. Now does he not just duplicate what Don does for the most part? I think he is a good player, was a good player anyways, does he really do much to move the needle? If he comes in at less than 100% at least?
HE's 6'4 in shoes w/ a 6'9 wingspan. That's slightly above average for a 2-guard in the NBA,. It's definitely not undersized.

Obviously, yes, the injury history is a concern. Him being a UFA is a concern. He shouldn't cost too much though to get in a trade if it's true he doesnt want to be in Indy at all.

Maybe the Jazz could do a Conley/Dipo swap w/ adding on Royce and a draft pick. I dont know.

Indy doesn’t need long-term salary relief, so I cannot envision how we’d make a good trade partner.

Indy doesn’t need long-term salary relief, so I cannot envision how we’d make a good trade partner.
Yeah, basically the only scenario is that a single team emerges as where he wants to sign (lets say NYK) then everyone else backs off so basically anyone willing to offer anything of value (a good player swap and a pick) will get him.

Also... there were several years when Indy and Utah looked to be very realistic trade partners (I’m not sure what the pieces were anymore), but there was never a trade.

HE's 6'4 in shoes w/ a 6'9 wingspan. That's slightly above average for a 2-guard in the NBA,. It's definitely not undersized.

Just did a quick glance of the top 20 SG's .... looks like 4 of the top 20 are in his height. Him, Don, Murray, and Beal. Once you get past 20 to role players and 6th men the height shortens but in terms of elite guys 6'6" plus is a bit more ideal