What's new

Discussion leading up to game 4, but certainly NOT a game thread

mellow

Was looking for place to look forward to the next game and back to the disappointment of game 3. But this is not a game thread.

I saw favors is also listed as questionable. I didnt see the play he rolled his ankle.

If Favors cant go, does quin start Crowder or Jonas?

And then who plays back up center for Rudy?Watching Epke play Im not sure why Bradley would be a worse option.

Last edited:
I saw favors is also listed as doubtful. I didnt see the play he rolled his ankle.

Does quin start Crowder or Jonas?

Watching Epke play Im not sure why Bradley would be a worse option.

Uh, Crowder.

This sucks without Favors.

Whatever happens, it really was an amazing season and we’ve grown. I think the Rox could really be a different (ie, worse) team next year and the Dubs have started to seem vulnerable. My hope for this team is the WCF next season and one win in that round.

Hack a capela will work and they will have to take him out wich will help also. He cant shoot free throws or play defense from the bench

More AB please.
Looks like he had another good game but not many minutes. (He was a +2 in plus/minus in a game that was very lopsided)
Shot the ball well and only 1 turnover. 14 points in only 17 minutes and grabbed 4 rebounds.

Being blown out was way better than losing an emotionally draining game etc (aka Toronto/76ers).
Jazz know they can get it done against this team - and essentially asserted no energy the other night. In fact, it may make Houston relax a few % which can only help.

I was encouraged that Harden's 3 pt shot looks off to me. Looks so predetermined versus in the flow. We'll see

First of all, every game is different in the playoffs. So even thought game 3 was a huge disappointment. Today, the Jazz start 0-0. Having back Rubio would be huge simply because I think DM has struggled running the point. He will be more free to just score instead of worrying about getting others involved.

Perhaps the Jazz and their fans were a little too excited about the victory in game 2, thinking it would be easy coming home. Houston didn't win 60 games on luck. Now the Jazz are refocused and realize that this is a huge game. Perhaps Houston isn't as intense since they got back home court. Jazz win and the series is even and back on track.

What is important to me is how this team handles the beating they took. I remember S&M teams would sometimes just lay an egg and get killed in a playoff game. Rarely did they not play well the next game. They didn't always win but they usually showed up and played well.

Winning a championship rarely happens instantaneously, teams have to move up the ladder before winning one. So even if the Jazz lose this game or series the season has been a real success. It also helps the franchise reevaluate the roster. I also agree that AB deserves to play more. I hope Favors can go but only if he is healthy. Rather have someone else play if he can't play. GO JAZZ win or lose I am with you guys.

A win tonight and it's a three game series. A loss and we're surely done for in G5.

Tough to win with injuries and just facing a better team. They literally couldn't figure out HOU the other night. We took so many bad shots as we couldn't go inside that most people simply tuned out.

I wish we would attempt to force these guys into some better foul situations. How we can go an entire game and not have a starter shoot a FT is beyond me.

This is a must win.

I won't be too upset if we lose but I'll be upset if it's another blowout and the Jazz don't compete.

I fully expect Jazz to come out stong though. This team doesn't lose 2 in a row. This team also doesn't take being embarrassed well.

This is a must win.

I won't be too upset if we lose but I'll be upset if it's another blowout and the Jazz don't compete.

I fully expect Jazz to come out stong though. This team doesn't lose 2 in a row. This team also doesn't take being embarrassed well.

Itsy bitsy Spida crawled up the water spout.

Down came the rain in game 3 and washed the Spida out.

Out came the sun and dried up all the rain

Then in game 4 the Spida crawled up the spout again.