What's new

Do not understand...

The Fresh Prince

Why people hate on Randy Foye? He's giving us points. You aren't going to shoot 60% every damn night. Remember #8 last year, he was washed up, played decent about 55% of the time.

Randy is under 30, was drafted in 08 in the top 10, and was considered to be a promising player in the NBA out of Nova. He was treated as the Alec Burks of Minnesota, yet still managed to put up over 10 points per game his rookie season. (And averaged over 10 ppg on each team he played for).

But us people here on this forum look at him as a thief to Burks, and regardless of if he is draining his 3's or not, he is still hated for his defense on guards, chucking, etc.

He's by far more efficent than Smiles and he showed what he was capable of doing in Washington.

I do have a problem with him guarding Kobe, though. But thats Tyrone's fault, not Macho Man Randy Foyage's! He's the perfect 6th man off the bench. Here in Jazzland though, (JazzNation if your Harp) you are looked at as an alien, and are unwelcomed by half of the members of a fan forum just because youre taking minutes away from a rookie.

Whatever though, you all will never be satisfied! You guys want Jerry Sloan back so we can bask in years of mediocrity until the old man passes on.

Last edited:
I think most of the hate is because we'd rather see Burks play over Foye. Foye is a good pick up and deserves minutes, there's no doubt about that, but the frustration of not seeing Burks on the floor at all can be blinding.

If the rest of the league weren't such sissies and floppers we wouldn't get so many calls.

Stupid refs.

Foye will sometimes take terrible shots. That's the problem I have with him. If he would just take the open 3 (when available) and not try to create for himself he'd be awesome.

Foye will sometimes take terrible shots. That's the problem I have with him. If he would just take the open 3 (when available) and not try to create for himself he'd be awesome.
And yet Foye still shoots 45% and over 40% on 3s. And what you say about Foye pretty much sums up my position on Burks (just replace "3" with "drive").

Caveat: based mostly on pre-season, Burks is improved this year, and does deserve minutes, but his lack of playing time is no reason to hate Foye, who is producing, unlike, say, Josh Howard or CJ last year.

And yet Foye still shoots 45% and over 40% on 3s. And what you say about Foye pretty much sums up my position on Burks (just replace "3" with "drive").

Caveat: based mostly on pre-season, Burks is improved this year, and does deserve minutes, but his lack of playing time is no reason to hate Foye, who is producing, unlike, say, Josh Howard or CJ last year.

Foye has been decent, sure. There's certainly no reason to be hating on him for taking minutes from Burks (Tinsley/Carroll on the other hand...). I'm mainly more annoyed with KOC for signing another vet to a 1 year deal who's taking away minutes from Burks, even if that vet is actually doing something this time. If you're annoyed, be annoyed with KOC, not Foye.

I'm not going to bitch or whine about a free agent we signed for less than 3 million putting up 15 PTs a night and doing it efficiently. But Burks does need some more pt for sure. But for what it's worth money wise, foye was a damn good pick up and I'm glad he is raining threes for our team and not someone else's.