What's new

Donovan Mitchell - We are lucky to have him

I saw this on twitter yesterday. I thought, man you really couldn’t do more to make people love you. We are lucky to have Donovan, and I think we know that. There’s so few guys that will ever be him as a super star caliber player. Things like this show just how genuinely good of a person Donovan is.

I saw this on twitter yesterday. I thought, man you really couldn’t do more to make people love you. We are lucky to have Donovan, and I think we know that. There’s so few guys that will ever be him as a super star caliber player. Things like this show just how genuinely good of a person Donovan is.
There are so few people in the world like this, let alone those of celebrity status. Maybe we should nominate him for sainthood -- well, might be a bit precipitous. Like everyone else, can't wait to see what lies ahead.

I remember Malone paying off someone's mortgage, I think the dad in the family had cancer or something and they were at risk of losing their home. It is always awesome when someone of means is willing to use that good fortune to help others selflessly.

What I like about this is that Mitchell is doing this stuff and NOT tweeting about it himself. It is not about self-aggrandizement. It is about helping out where he can. We are indeed lucky. I don't think I ever saw a single story about this kind of thing from Hayward the whole time he was here, not even as simple as something like the 4th of july party-crashing.

I remember Malone paying off someone's mortgage, I think the dad in the family had cancer or something and they were at risk of losing their home. It is always awesome when someone of means is willing to use that good fortune to help others selflessly.

What I like about this is that Mitchell is doing this stuff and NOT tweeting about it himself. It is not about self-aggrandizement. It is about helping out where he can. We are indeed lucky. I don't think I ever saw a single story about this kind of thing from Hayward the whole time he was here, not even as simple as something like the 4th of july party-crashing.
Oh, Hayward crashed many 4th of July parties.

Also it is just random, unplanned stuff. It's going out of your way too... the money is really minor in this case.

This is the modern day version of the song Christmas Shoes... Imma make a song out of this that makes people cry.

I've told this before, but at summer league this year prior to DM starting to sign stuff courtside... my buddies kid tries to sneak down like 3 times... security rebuffs him without DM seeing. He sneaks down again and as security is asking him to move DM sees and waives security off and grabs the jersey to sign... a mob ensues and he signs for like 15 minutes straight.

He gets it... I hope he never changes. I can't think of anyone I'd rather root for.

I'm talking about the time he crashed and burned all our 4th of July celebrations as we waited all ****ing day for him to release his player's tribune BS.

PTSD... blocked that day out of memory. He ruined the day and caused a fight with my wife and I. I was soooooooo salty that day.

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to people, so I have a hard time believing Mitchell is actually enjoys being as altruistic as he comes off.

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to people, so I have a hard time believing Mitchell is actually enjoys being as altruistic as he comes off.
Being cynical is completely understandable. It's hard to to not believe he's legitimate with all he does though. There's a long list of things he's already done. With this, he wasn't looking for credit, and he wasn't looking for attention. He just did it because he could.

Donovan wouldn't have to do even half the things he does to be loved here. The amount of pictures I see him tagged in with fans he takes time with is ridiculous, the amount of love and trust he has from the Jazz front office, his teammates, and coaches. The media. Part of it is, he literally has everyone in the palm of his hands which is the cynical thought on it, but everyone says it's legitimate. Donovan seems like something wayyyy too good to be true, but he just keeps getting better.