What's new

Draft Prospects: Where you got it right, and where you got it wrong

What I got right.
-wanted CJ McCollum over Burk.
-anyone over Udoka ugh!! And the jazz were dumb enough to say he was #2 on their entire draft board, then proceeded to sign Favors to a three year deal making the perceived player by the jazz to be number two obsolete lol

What I got wrong.
- everything else or close to it.
- I thought Booker would bust.
- I wanted Burks over Klay and was so excited when Klay got picked right ahead of Burks
- Kawhi Leonard was an afterthought to me.

I haven’t paid any attention to the draft in several years now, so these are old takes.

Biggest misses:
Stanley Johnson
Wade Baldwin

Biggest hits:
CJ McCollum
Jabari Parker (knew he’d bust)
Gary Harris
Josh Richardson
Forgot about Stanley… I loved me some Stanley too.

Thinking about slightly older drafts I was remembering that I thought Kosta Koufous could be a solid rotation player for us. I lived in Ohio at the time we drafted him, and had seen him play in person.

Thinking about slightly older drafts I was remembering that I thought Kosta Koufous could be a solid rotation player for us. I lived in Ohio at the time we drafted him, and had seen him play in person.
He was a guy I wanted. I thought he could be our 4 with Fesenko at the 5.

What I got right.
-wanted CJ McCollum over Burk.
-anyone over Udoka ugh!! And the jazz were dumb enough to say he was #2 on their entire draft board, then proceeded to sign Favors to a three year deal making the perceived player by the jazz to be number two obsolete lol

What I got wrong.
- everything else or close to it.
- I thought Booker would bust.
- I wanted Burks over Klay and was so excited when Klay got picked right ahead of Burks
- Kawhi Leonard was an afterthought to me.

The Jazz said Udoka was #2 on their entire board? I never heard that. Link?

The Jazz said Udoka was #2 on their entire board? I never heard that. Link?
I can’t give you a link but I heard this too. I think TJ said it, among maybe others, but I could be wrong.

I can’t give you a link but I heard this too. I think TJ said it, among maybe others, but I could be wrong.
I seem to remember it more as he was one of their top rated players and as high as #2 in some analytic measure… either way… if he was that highly thought of you trust him with backup duty in year 1… worst case you sign a vet to a one year deal… zero consistency. I seem to remember TJ walking that back some.

I seem to remember it more as he was one of their top rated players and as high as #2 in some analytic measure… either way… if he was that highly thought of you trust him with backup duty in year 1… worst case you sign a vet to a one year deal… zero consistency. I seem to remember TJ walking that back some.
The same way Bradley was high probably. Awesome.