What's new

Dwill to Minnesota???

Ron Mexico

Contributor
I know no one would do this on this board but I still thought it was interesting trade option.

according to NBA.com Minnesota is going after Lebron. Lebron's agent says that having a chris paul would make him more likely to sign. I assume the same would be true of Dwill. Minnesota has rumored to be thinking of trading three 1st round draft picks this year and Jefferson for Carmelo. If you were jazz would you trade Dwill for 3 first round picks (one is #4 and according to chad ford nets are 50/50 between favors and cousins so we could get favors) Jonny Flyn and rights to Rubio?

If not that trade is there any team seeking Lebron you would trade with? Dwill for NJ's #1 pick, future picks and harris?

links:
https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100621.html
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paulhornets062110

No. Williams is a cornerstone piece while Jefferson is not. Williams is a known quantity while those picks are not.

I know no one would do this on this board but I still thought it was interesting trade option.

according to NBA.com Minnesota is going after Lebron. Lebron's agent says that having a chris paul would make him more likely to sign. I assume the same would be true of Dwill. Minnesota has rumored to be thinking of trading three 1st round draft picks this year and Jefferson for Carmelo. If you were jazz would you trade Dwill for 3 first round picks (one is #4 and according to chad ford nets are 50/50 between favors and cousins so we could get favors) Jonny Flyn and rights to Rubio?

If not that trade is there any team seeking Lebron you would trade with? Dwill for NJ's #1 pick, future picks and harris?

links:
https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100621.html
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paulhornets062110

NO!

We traded three picks to get him. Why would we deal him now for three picks?

Quote Originally Posted by VINYLONE View Post
No. Williams is a cornerstone piece while Jefferson is not. Williams is a known quantity while those picks are not.
This is the obvious answer.

I dont want to trade him just throwing a topic out. But I did not suggest trading for jefferson that is what denver wants I suggested trading for 3 1st round picks, jonny flynn and ricky rubio.

Is there a realistic trade option for dwill in your mind?

Last edited:
Where's Drivewayball when ya need him, eh, Bronc? He doesn't want anything in return for Deron. Best I can tell, he would pay another team to just take him.

I dont want to trade him just throwing a topic out. But I did not suggest trading for jefferson that is what denver wants I suggested trading for 3 1st round picks, jonny flynn and ricky rubio.
Yes. I would do that trade. DWill is the best but we would not pass up this much value. I really think we need to think of our future and paying our PG max just really hurts. We could take Favors/Cousins and take Xavier Henry/Babbit with 16th and Hassan Whiteside with #23. We then trade the rights to Rubio for a Wes Johnson and we have an amazing roster and a bright future. We would be like a better version of the up and coming OKC Thunder.

Roster would be
J Flynn, Price
Xavier Henry, Wes Mathews
Wesley Johnson, CJ Miles, AK47
Millsap, AK47, Okur
Cousins, Whitesides

We then have tons of cap space to fill holes as needed. No way you pass this up for DWill. Nor would Minnesota ever consider this. IMO

Jesus there are some angry people on here. Like I said I don't want to trade dwill I just thought it was an interesting discussion.

I am sorry I will start repeating my opinion about draft picks over and over again hoping some some how I will change your opinions which don't matter to the Jazz organization.

Well, since we're losing him in 3 years and getting nothing back in return, I say do it.
Besides, it's sheer lunacy to pay the MAX to a PG.

DWill is an all-star, but he's not without flaws. He's not a very good defender, commits too many turnovers and can't make a driving layup to save his life (he usually gets it blocked).

If Greg isn't committed to building a contender, then Deron is going to demand a trade. I say it's time for Miller to put up or shut up. Either make some bold moves or just start the rebuilding process now, by getting whatever you can for AK and Deron. Utah should have done the same with Carlos. Jazz didn't have a chance in hell of defeating the Lakers. And now Carlos will walk for nothing. Jazz could have gotten some nice draft picks in return for his expiring contract.

Well, since we're losing him in 3 years and getting nothing back in return, I say do it.
Besides, it's sheer lunacy to pay the MAX to a PG.

DWill is an all-star, but he's not without flaws. He's not a very good defender, commits too many turnovers and can't make a driving layup to save his life (he usually gets it blocked).

If Greg isn't committed to building a contender, then Deron is going to demand a trade. I say it's time for Miller to put up or shut up. Either make some bold moves or just start the rebuilding process now, by getting whatever you can for AK and Deron. Utah should have done the same with Carlos. Jazz didn't have a chance in hell of defeating the Lakers. And now Carlos will walk for nothing. Jazz could have gotten some nice draft picks in return for his expiring contract.

Agreed. Except the part about DWill's defense and layups.

Interesting point. I havent look at it like that. In 3 years, you're right, Williams is as good as gone. I wouldn't want to play for our pathetic franchise either. Especially if they keep acquiring parts that will only get us as far as the 2nd round.

Agreed. Except the part about DWill's defense and layups.

How many turnovers are "too many," I wonder? Deron was in the top 10 in asst/to ratio this year (3.17), significantly ahead of guys like Chancey Billips, Devin Harris, Russell Westbrook, and Brandon Roy, none of whom even made the top 30.

Derrick Rose, Darren Collison, Tony Parker, Mo Williams, and Mario Chalmers couldn't make the top 40.

Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Aaron Brooks--not even top 50.

Wait, I forgot...this is Jazzfanz. If you're not near-perfect, you're just no good.

Interesting point. I havent look at it like that. In 3 years, you're right, Williams is as good as gone.

Not according to Deron. But even if he is, how would you expect to build a long-term future with a bunch of presumably high quality rookies? After 3 years, they can all be free agents too.