What's new

Endgame (spoilers)

Saw some leaked footage of the final fight. Has me majorly geeking out.

I can’t wait to see it.

Edit: in fact, just bought my ticket for 10:30 this morning.

Such a well planned series. I loved how they didn’t just get the stones and kill Thanos. That’s what a crappy DC movie would’ve done. Instead, they segmented it into 3 distinct parts. Their killing of a (stoneless) Thanos and tIke travel plan, the emotional time travel stone heist, and the final epic battle. That second part? When Tony meets up with his dad and talks about being a dad? I almost lost it there. Very touching.

I loled when they’re waiting for Star Lord as he’s prancing around listening to music and holding lizards as if they’re microphones and War Machine says, “soooooo he’s an idiot?” That scene from the first Guardians always makes me laugh.

The final fight was awesome. The way Thanos used Stormbreaker to nearly do to Thor what he did to him at the end of Infinity War just prior to Captain America using the hammer was a real cool scene. And the “Avengers Assemble” scene is as epic.

I thought integrating the 2014 Thanos and Nebula into the future was well done. Killing Thanos off in the way they did tying it to the ending of Iron man was awesome. Loved this movie.

It’ll be interesting to see where Guardians go from here seeing how beer belly Thor has joined them and 2014 Gamora has no memories of the events of GOTG 1, 2, and Infinity War (and seems to have left them). Also, where did Loki go with the Tesseract?

I’m stoked to see the new Guardians and Spider-Man movie. Which, is probably one of the reasons why Marvel does so well. Their movies really work together to build off of each other.

Last edited:
Amazing movie.

I liked the part that will have my 6 year old daughter geeking out. Well played.

Also did Marvel just lay their first two ties to the X-Men movie-verse in this movie? Am I the only one that saw the connections?

Last edited:
Amazing movie.

I liked the part that will have my 6 year old daughter geeking out. Well played.

Also did Marvel just lay their first two ties to the X-Men movie-verse in this movie? Am I the only one that saw the connections?
Nothing stood out to me. What are you referring to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like how they resolved the original Avengers, like it's the end of the RDJ Iron Man era, and the end of the Chris Evans Captain America.

Nothing stood out to me. What are you referring to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I’ll give you two clues.

1. The scene where Black Widow finds Hawkeye

2. The Monument

Such a well planned series. I loved how they didn’t just get the stones and kill Thanos. That’s what a crappy DC movie would’ve done. Instead, they segmented it into 3 distinct parts. Their killing of a (stoneless) Thanos and tIke travel plan, the emotional time travel stone heist, and the final epic battle. That second part? When Tony meets up with his dad and talks about being a dad? I almost lost it there. Very touching.

I loled when they’re waiting for Star Lord as he’s prancing around listening to music and holding lizards as if they’re microphones and War Machine says, “soooooo he’s an idiot?” That scene from the first Guardians always makes me laugh.

The final fight was awesome. The way Thanos used Stormbreaker to nearly do to Thor what he did to him at the end of Infinity War just prior to Captain America using the hammer was a real cool scene. And the “Avengers Assemble” scene is as epic.

I thought integrating the 2014 Thanos and Nebula into the future was well done. Killing Thanos off in the way they did tying it to the ending of Iron man was awesome. Loved this movie.

It’ll be interesting to see where Guardians go from here seeing how beer belly Thor has joined them and 2014 Gamora has no memories of the events of GOTG 1, 2, and Infinity War (and seems to have left them). Also, where did Loki go with the Tesseract?

I’m stoked to see the new Guardians and Spider-Man movie. Which, is probably one of the reasons why Marvel does so well. Their movies really work together to build off of each other.

Nice synopsis... good movie... love seeing these with my son. I don’t know why DC movies can’t be like 20% as good as the marvel movies.

Nice synopsis... good movie... love seeing these with my son. I don’t know why DC movies can’t be like 20% as good as the marvel movies.

How good these are has me immensely stoked for when they finally expand. To the F4 and X-Men.

And they laid amazing short and long term seeds.

It was really fun. The fact that Marvel did this incredibly new movie ‘thing’ and pulled it off so well on the first try is just amazing. It’s definitely not perfect, but it’s way better than it should be.

Everything felt earned and the payoff was huge. For that to happen and feel worth it after 22 movies worth of investment: Hats off.

And the box office is being absolutely obliterated. So I guess we’ve got a nice fair trade going on here.

Something that was fun to realize is that when Peggy Carter was talking to Steve Rogers after he came back in the first Avengers, she KNEW that he was a time traveler and that she had already had a full life with him. She is very evasive about talking about her life. The strange part is that he was probably alive and just made sure to not be around when younger Steve came to visit. I'm assuming that old Steve wasn't time travelling, of course.

Can anyone explain the xmen reference lol

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I think the guy fighting Hawkeye in Japan was in one of the Wolverine movies as a similar character.

Correct. Shingen is played by the same actor and is a organized crime boss in Japan that survives the 2013 wolverine movie. Him having a different a name in Endgame fits perfect with him starting anew after Wolverine kicks his ***.

And the S.F. Monument contains the name Roberto Da Acosta. AKA, Sunspot, an X-Man.

Also there is the earthquake reference mentioned that is at the bottom of the ocean. Namor anyone?

Also, Professor Hulk releases Gamma Radiation into the world with his snap. The birth of mutants conveniently explained.

Something that was fun to realize is that when Peggy Carter was talking to Steve Rogers after he came back in the first Avengers, she KNEW that he was a time traveler and that she had already had a full life with him. She is very evasive about talking about her life. The strange part is that he was probably alive and just made sure to not be around when younger Steve came to visit. I'm assuming that old Steve wasn't time travelling, of course.

The way they tied, what a dozen?, movies into this is truly amazing. The best part of the movie for me. Truly felt like the closing of an epic. Award worthy. Just phenomenal.

Guardians 1, Captain America, Avengers 1, Thor: Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Ant Man, Iron Man 3...

I’ve only seen eight movies in the bunch.

Iron mans 1-3, Avengers, Thor 1, Antman 1, Captain America, Spider Man: Homecoming.

I saw the first half of the Norton Hulk too and some of Ragnarok.

They were solid because the actors are solid and I suppose the writing is too. But they’re just too mindless for me—Ironman crashing at like 250mph and being fine. I don’t know. He’s a human. He’d likely be dead. But he just keeps going.

I don’t know. The ones I saw I liked but I just can’t care enough to invest myself in these.