What's new

Enes Kanter vs Jonas Valančiūnas

As of right now Jonas looks a little disappointing. His main NBA skill which I thought should translate straight over was rebounding and that's not happening.

I personally will reserve judgement on these guys until next year. I was huge on JV and IMO he was a prototypical Center. Kanter was an unknown (to me) and so without a lot to go on I don't like to guess. These guys are completely different players but I have to admit from the limited amount I've seen of JV Kanter is definitely better right now.

Sorry, but are you real? That AJ avatar is hilarious. It just screams ghost.

I think Jonas is better defensively and Enes is better offensively.

Enes fits better next to Favors, so I'd still take him. Too soon to tell though

I don't really care. I wanted Enes over Jonas all day.. but they're both good players (or going to be).

I'm still anxiously awaiting everyone getting excited even more when Kanter knows it's his time to get stuff done. We'll see better range and overall better play. I can tell he's still playing with hyper-tentativeness.

Jonas is on my fantasy team.... He is getting good minutes but is very up and down..

Kanter appears to be more consistent!!

What I'm seeing from Enes that is not evident from Jonas is a competitive fire. EK wants to destroy his opponents and while he looks clumsy attempting it sometimes it's very evident and that quality is extremely valuable at the highest level. To me it's transcendent to the individual skills or talents of the players. It's what made Deron so good.

The other side of this is that JV is a quintessential team player. This guy will never need plays run for him and will do garbage work all day long without complaint. He also has some physical advantages in his length and mobility.

This could be a comparison that goes well over the 3 years I wanted from Sepanol. Both of these guys could very easily become elite.

What I'm seeing from Enes that is not evident from Jonas is a competitive fire. EK wants to destroy his opponents and while he looks clumsy attempting it sometimes it's very evident and that quality is extremely valuable at the highest level. To me it's transcendent to the individual skills or talents of the players. It's what made Deron so good.

The other side of this is that JV is a quintessential team player. This guy will never need plays run for him and will do garbage work all day long without complaint. He also has some physical advantages in his length and mobility.

This could be a comparison that goes well over the 3 years I wanted from Sepanol. Both of these guys could very easily become elite.

This.

Enes seems to have that competitive fire that you can't teach. Also Kanter seems to have more 'toughness' and 'nastiness' that JV seems to lack as a Center.

I really think that Kanter can be that 20/10 guy for the Jazz if he develops in the way that I think he can.

This.

Enes seems to have that competitive fire that you can't teach. Also Kanter seems to have more 'toughness' and 'nastiness' that JV seems to lack as a Center.

I really think that Kanter can be that 20/10 guy for the Jazz if he develops in the way that I think he can.

Agreed.

I initially thought Kanter was a low end double/double guy; but his mid-range game is more refined and has come along faster than I imagined. The kid just does not miss many 12-15 footers.

But the bigger part is his free throw shooting - no doubt he could be a consistent high 70's/low 80's FT shooter. That's rare for a low post player and could be the difference between solid and all-star (see Chris Bosh)

As an eventual starter, these two factors could propel him from about 12/13 ppg to 17/18ppg.

Last edited:
Enes has potential to be a center of his own kind.

If he can establish an outside shot, and if he could, which we all dearly hope so, oh so much, then he'd be a top C in the league. Given if we get rid of Captain Kermit....

Right now?....... kanter, and its not even close

I initially thought Kanter was a low end double/double guy; but his mid-range game is more refined and has come along faster than I imagined. The kid just does not miss many 12-15 footers.

But the bigger part is his free throw shooting - no doubt he could be a consistent high 70's/low 80's FT shooter. That's rare for a low post player and could be the difference between solid and all-star (see Chris Bosh)

As an eventual starter, these two factors could propel him from about 12/13 ppg to 17/18ppg.

Enes has potential to be a center of his own kind.

If he can establish an outside shot, and if he could, which we all dearly hope so, oh so much, then he'd be a top C in the league. Given if we get rid of Captain Kermit....

Kanter's had a well above average shot to 20' for years. All he needs is a consistent 25 minutes per game and the experience/confidence that comes from it. I don't know how that stacks him against others in the league, but we will be even more glad to have him.

I see Kanter's floor being something like a Nikola Pekovic, who is a 16/8 type of guy.

I see Kanter's floor being something like a Nikola Pekovic, who is a 16/8 type of guy.

you can´t be serious man, I see the rebounding numbers of an eurolegue proven 24 year old BIG-MAN like Pekovic who averaged on 13 minutes 3 rebounds per game, in his first NBA Season. And I see a Kanter boy who was comin into the league with a big leck of playing time (almost 2 years not played in a real competition), who averaged 4.2 Rebounds on 13 minutes playing time.

I see Kanter as a player who can easily average like 20+ and 10+. Just look at Omar Asik from turkey even he is averging 12 boards per game in 30 minutes and Kanter is a much bigger rebounding talent than him.

@Edit:

Mirsat Turkcan who was the best euroleague rebounder of all time, said that Kanter was the most talented rebounder he has ever seen.

you can´t be serious man, I see the rebounding numbers of an eurolegue proven 24 year old BIG-MAN like Pekovic who averaged on 13 minutes 3 rebounds per game, in his first NBA Season. And I see a Kanter boy who was comin into the league with a big leck of playing time (almost 2 years not played in a real competition), who averaged 4.2 Rebounds on 13 minutes playing time.

I see Kanter as a player who can easily average like 20+ and 10+. Just look at Omar Asik from turkey even he is averging 12 boards per game in 30 minutes and Kanter is a much bigger rebounding talent than him.

@Edit:

Mirsat Turkcan who was the best euroleague rebounder of all time, said that Kanter was the most talented rebounder he has ever seen.

He said floor, meaning that the worst Kanter could be is Pekovic. Does that clear anything up for you?

He said floor, meaning that the worst Kanter could be is Pekovic. Does that clear anything up for you?

Jes, becausse of that i compared there rebounding numbers and I think the worst Kanter could be a 13 Points and 10+ rebounds a game guy. He has alerady proven that he can rebound on elite level and I don´t think that as a starting line up guy, he would grab less than 10 boards a game.

--------------------------------------------

I think that Kanter is something really special, maybe we need a better BIG-MAN coach for him like Ewing was for Dwight.

Right now?....... kanter, and its not even close

Please explain why such ridiculous statement, what is the base for that? Kanter is better rebounder and has slightly better FG%. JV is better shot blocker and passer. Kanter is more TO prone. JV is averaging more pts/reb,blk ast, less TO but he played more minutes up to this point. Kanter is better iso/post up player, JV much better pick and roll pick player and from what I have seen so far much higher basketball IQ. To me it is a toss right now so we should look at potential only. Kanter already has NBA body while JV is taller, has longer wingspan and reach and is still developing his body. To me JV has higher ceiling - we will see in 3 year from now how it will turn out.