What's new

ESPN power rankings

I was expecting to be written off more than that to be honest. I hope it still gives the guys a chip on the shoulder. We needed a bigger one this past season.

Lakers are overrated as per usual, but otherwise it's fair. The Nets and the two Finals teams should be ahead of us at this stage.

I always love reading the yearly "this will give a chip on our guys shoulder" comment. Never fails to come around when rankings/voting begins

According to everyone I work with it should be

1. Lakers
2. Lakers
3. Lakers
4. Brooklyn
5. Golden State
6. IDGAF

I had someone tell me that the league is actually completely driven by the Lakers. Others got in the conversation and their attitude was that the Lakers basically ARE the league. No other team matters at all. And this isn't hyperbole.

And in some ways they are right. Take away the Lakers fan base and the league finances would be dramatically different. Take away the jazz fan base and it wouldn't move the needle really.

The Lakers were champions two years ago and IIRC were the best team in the league before they got injured last season. Don't see the problem with ranking them top 3.

Did Phoenix lose key players?

Why are some of you so confident that we should be ranked above them? Tia.

I'm pretty confident the Jazz are a better regular season team. I also think we should beat them in a playoff series...but Quin is too weak as a coach.