What's new

ESPN: Predicts Gobert DPOY

Rudy has been phenomenal but Giannis makes a compelling argument. Greek freak is 1st in defensive rating, his team is 1st in defensive rating as well. Rudy does have more defensive win shares tho and narrowly in defensive box plus-minus. Giannis MVP and Rudy DPOY is something we can hope for.

Imagine Giannis and Rudy on the same team. Its almost hard to comprehend. Whats Trey Burke up to.

Did you guys see that Giannis highlight block on Embiid? Pretty sweet. But yeah, Rudy should definitely be DPOY again this year.

Allstar voting needs a total revamp. KAT got in and his team is like 11th in the west?
Having the most difficult schedule until the all Star break really hurt the Jazz. Had we flipped our schedule around it's likely that both Mitchell and Gobert make it in.

Look at Mitchell's stats post all star and our record. We likely are a top 2 team at that point.

It hurts our recruiting as well. Playing with 2 all stars is more appealing to players. Plus the fact that we rarely get guys into the all star game hurts players wanting to come here. Players want to be all stars and recognized for that.

Rudy SHOULD have been the DPOY in both of the past two seasons. I still stand by my claim that Draymond winning it in 2016-17 was a total f'n joke.

That said, this year it should be Giannis imo.

Interesting tidbit from the article...

One of the guys in the top of the DPOY ranking is a nobody who got cut. I didn't even hear about this guy all year until now:

"Others receiving votes: Isaiah Briscoe, Robert Covington, Draymond Green, Al Horford, Kawhi Leonard and Jusuf Nurkic"

Isaiah Briscoe, huh? I read a bit about him and all a team would need to pick him up would be a $850,000 trade exception and a roster spot. We clearly won't need either over the offseason. My guess is that we wouldn't mind a cheap, young defender as a 2 way contract. Remember the name I guess.

Interesting tidbit from the article...

One of the guys in the top of the DPOY ranking is a nobody who got cut. I didn't even hear about this guy all year until now:

"Others receiving votes: Isaiah Briscoe, Robert Covington, Draymond Green, Al Horford, Kawhi Leonard and Jusuf Nurkic"

Isaiah Briscoe, huh? I read a bit about him and all a team would need to pick him up would be a $850,000 trade exception and a roster spot. We clearly won't need either over the offseason. My guess is that we wouldn't mind a cheap, young defender as a 2 way contract. Remember the name I guess.
So a guy averaging 14 minutes per game in 39 games for a team in the eastern conference who may not make the playoffs and just waived him could be the defensive player of the year? He must be a hell of a defender.