What's new

Exclusive Myck Kabongo Interview

AKistheFEARFACTOR

As I was choosing out which whiskey to buy (Jim Beam) at the local liquor shop around UTexas campus I spot Myck Kabongo (pronounced Mike, not Mick - I made sure to pronounce it correctly) an aisle across from me near the register.

"Myck, what's going on?"
-"Not much," he says.
"It was a shame at the game tonight."
-"Yeah, sure was. I thought we had them."
"I'm excited to see you back on the court though."

He acknowledges my statement and proceeds to talk to the cashier who seems to apparently be a "homie" since they are talking about plans about each other's night. I haven't checked out yet, but we both are relatively near the exit and before he leaves I ask,

"Hey Myck, would it be cool if I got a photo with you?"
"Yeah, for sure."
"I don't know how often you get this, but I just know you're going to the league," I say.

He recognizes the kind remark, and humbly just smiles and chuckles. As I go to pull out my cell phone I tell him,

"Actually I'm a Jazz fan and I think you could really fit there."
"Yeah, they're doing pretty good."
"Yeah, they are young and have a lot of talent," I say.

We take the photo and we say our byes.

-----------

Myck Kabongo was suspended originally for the season and then it was reduced to 23 games. He is set to miss 7 more games to fulfill his suspension. He is #45 on draftexpress and projected at 27 on draftnet. In the final stretch of the season he could really boost his draft stock, leaving him a viable option as a PG of the future for us.

------------

Here is a tidbit from Texassports.com

Returns for his second season in the backcourt rotation ... one of five players named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team ... earned a spot on the All-Big 12 Honorable Mention team and the Big 12 All-Rookie Team last year ... ranked fourth in the Big 12 in assists (5.2 apg) as a freshman ... among the Big 12's returning players, he has the third-best assist-to-turnover ratio (1.73) ... added 10 pounds of muscle to his frame in the offseason ... two-time Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll member.

Easily.

Btw, I've never been very high on Kabongo when he was listed absurdly high, but he is currently mocked way too low, imo.

Myck Kabongo... (awesome name btw.)
I'm in! Someone put his head over Tinsley's body and lets see how he will look like in a Jazz uniform.

Didn't know Canadians where a race? But if they are and dal is one then yes, yes I am.

I read in a book that Canadians are people (to my surprise), but they are not very smart (which I suspected).

Just tryin to help.

I read in a book that Canadians are people (to my surprise), but they are not very smart (which I suspected).

Just tryin to help.

Q: What is the definition of safe sex down in Kentucky?

A: Placing signs on the animals that kick.

Q: Why did O. J. Simpson want to move to Kentucky?

A: Everyone has the same DNA.

Q: How many University of Kentucky freshman does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, it's a sophomore course.

Q: What is the definition of a Kentucky virgin?

A: An ugly twelve year old who can outrun her brothers..

Q: What is the definition of safe sex down in Kentucky?

A: Placing signs on the animals that kick.

Q: Why did O. J. Simpson want to move to Kentucky?

A: Everyone has the same DNA.

Q: How many University of Kentucky freshman does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, it's a sophomore course.

Q: What is the definition of a Kentucky virgin?

A: An ugly twelve year old who can outrun her brothers..

Ahhh... so you ARE Dalamon. What happened to your old account bro?