What's new

Exit Interviews

Rudy Gay said he didnt expect to be here this season. Said he has taken a liking to the team/players and likes Hardy.

Said he's not sure if he will be here next year. Things are still open. Not sure on his player option. Think he can be better next season.

So sounds like an outside shot he could opt out.

Quin threw him under the bus last season and had people like Locke carry his water. So it's understandable that we all thought he was poison.

This fits with what I saw this year. I thought Rudy's body language was good all year. His play, not so much. I think he is kind of aloof in general, so he is a bit hard to read. Second half of last year was pretty bad. I think he was just kind of done with the drama last year, which I am sure is normal for a long time vet. I think there was a lot more going on last year than we will ever know. I do think he is genuine about being a mentor for WK and OA. I think its time for him to move on.

14 minute Rudy Gay interview. Doesnt seem like the salty veteran everyone thinks he is.
I was happy with his play the second half. Much more engaged this year.
This fits with what I saw this year. I thought Rudy's body language was good all year. His play, not so much.
His play at the beginning of the year was turrible, he evolved, played more on the block and at the elbow and took less threes, is mid range game got on point and defended a lot better

Quin threw him under the bus last season and had people like Locke carry his water. So it's understandable that we all thought he was poison.

@Tony Jones said, and I want to make sure I quote this right..., that Rudy Gay was "motha ****ing" the Jazz last season. Maybe it's water under the bridge now, and obviously there were a lot of things going wrong last year.