What's new

Exum wants to be that guy at the end of games. (Article)

He sure can be that guy at the end of the blowouts. In close games? - No chance in hell.

This is shaping up to be the best team we have ever had, at least in terms of popularity and charisma. Love the banter back and forth. And, hell, it might end up being among the best Jazz teams on the court too. 60 wins at some point is within reach, maybe next season. Our teams have only cracked that number, what, twice? If this team wins 62 games, let's say, and makes a serious push in the playoffs, say conference finals, can we say they are on par with the late 90's version of the team with the Holy Trinity at the helm? Crazy to think about it, but that is not a huge stretch. I love it!!

edit: I looked it up (I know, right?) and they have cracked 60 3 times. The most we have ever won is 64, and we won over 60 two years in a row ('97 and '98 not surprisingly).

Aren’t you the idiot that said if the jazz draft Exum you’d stop posting, and go away? I’m still waiting for you to keep your word.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember saying that. I did not like how over hyped he was and where he was projected way before he was even drafted by the Jazz - that's for sure. But now I support him and wish him all the best. Just do not see him as a final shot taker in close games when we have 100X better options in Mitchell and Rubio.

i think he should worry about getting through a season without major injury, or playing more than 20 minutes a night before we worry about him becoming "that guy" to close out games. Maybe reign in the turnovers, and learn to control the dribble and pace of the game a bit better. Shooting better than 28% from 3 would certainly help. If he fixes that 25% turnover rate (0.66 ast:to) he had in the playoffs (ie the higher intensity and pressure games which are also represented in close late game situations), and can improve in those other areas, he will get some opportunities. He still has a long way to go to even be worth his 11 million contract, let alone be our prime-time closer, so baby steps here i guess.

Either way, its tough to be "that guy" at any point in time when you have DM (the clutch, fearless, athletic, league darling that's about to get ALL the whistles and touches)

i think he should worry about getting through a season without major injury, or playing more than 20 minutes a night before we worry about him becoming "that guy" to close out games. Maybe reign in the turnovers, and learn to control the dribble and pace of the game a bit better. Shooting better than 28% from 3 would certainly help. If he fixes that 25% turnover rate (0.66 ast:to) he had in the playoffs (ie the higher intensity and pressure games which are also represented in close late game situations), and can improve in those other areas, he will get some opportunities. He still has a long way to go to even be worth his 11 million contract, let alone be our prime-time closer, so baby steps here i guess.

Either way, its tough to be "that guy" at any point in time when you have DM (the clutch, fearless, athletic, league darling that's about to get ALL the whistles and touches)

You didn’t bother to read the article did you if you had, you’d have read how he’s been working in the gym tirelessly so he can play injury free and how he’s been working on his game. His goal is to one day be that guy so he’s working on his body to be more durable and in the gym working on his game. The point of the article is he has that fire in his belly and is hungry and determined to be great.

Good lord this is an article showing he’s putting in the time necessary to get better, and show how hard he’s working and has a great mind set. And you idiots are too damned lazy to actually read the article and all of the comments are negative toward him.

He’s going to be a huge reason we are going to be successful.

We’ve got a guy that we can put on the likes of a Harden or Curry and make it a lot more uncomfortable for them, he has passion for the game and still working hard even though he’s had two seasons derailed, a horrific knee injury and a stupid player making a stupid play in pre****ing season. Even through all the crap he’s gone through he’s still fighting and working hard, and all you idiots can do is ignore the article and complain about his shooting, turnovers and **** out of his ****ing control, ****ing idiots!!!!!

Mods lock this ****** thread and ban the ****ing idiot (me) for starting such a stupid *** thread, what a stupid idiot I am for thinking you idiots would actually read this thread and see the fighter Exum is!!!!

You didn’t bother to read the article did you if you had, you’d have read how he’s been working in the gym tirelessly so he can play injury free and how he’s been working on his game. His goal is to one day be that guy so he’s working on his body to be more durable and in the gym working on his game. The point of the article is he has that fire in his belly and is hungry and determined to be great.

Good lord this is an article showing he’s putting in the time necessary to get better, and show how hard he’s working and has a great mind set. And you idiots are too damned lazy to actually read the article and all of the comments are negative toward him.

He’s going to be a huge reason we are going to be successful.

We’ve got a guy that we can put on the likes of a Harden or Curry and make it a lot more uncomfortable for them, he has passion for the game and still working hard even though he’s had two seasons derailed, a horrific knee injury and a stupid player making a stupid play in pre****ing season. Even through all the crap he’s gone through he’s still fighting and working hard, and all you idiots can do is ignore the article and complain about his shooting, turnovers and **** out of his ****ing control, ****ing idiots!!!!!

Mods lock this ****** thread and ban the ****ing idiot (me) for starting such a stupid *** thread, what a stupid idiot I am for thinking you idiots would actually read this thread and see the fighter Exum is!!!!

This is hilarious. :D I honestly hope you are true to this hyper-sensitive persona in real life. Picturing your reaction to a potential mess-up on your order at McDonalds has me cracking up.

Anyway, if by "article" you mean "one relevant paragraph of a fan-run blog" that you linked to, then yes, i did read it. Doesn't change the validity of what I said. He has a long way to go to even get close. Lets be real, 99% of players in the NBA have the desire to be great, and yet 99% of them don't quite get there. Am i glad he isn't complacent? Yes. But none of the guys on our team are, and such personalities have been consistently valued by the front office since Fes, Kanter, and Boozer had tarnished that ideal. He needs to work on his fundamentals and health. He will never be a go-to clutch guy if he cant stay healthy, and cant learn to dribble, facilitate, or shoot under pressure as a rotation guy, let alone as a primary target of the defense.

He needs incremental progression. hell, him playing 60 games and 22 mpg would be a big win for this season, given the lack of contribution he's given us so far in his career.

But you do you :p

Reactions: MVP
He’s a better shooter then Simmons, on par with the likes of Magic and Kidd (first few years)

Fair enough. He is behind magic and kid in almost everything else though. (Not all his fault due to injuries though)

This is shaping up to be the best team we have ever had, at least in terms of popularity and charisma. Love the banter back and forth. And, hell, it might end up being among the best Jazz teams on the court too. 60 wins at some point is within reach, maybe next season. Our teams have only cracked that number, what, twice? If this team wins 62 games, let's say, and makes a serious push in the playoffs, say conference finals, can we say they are on par with the late 90's version of the team with the Holy Trinity at the helm? Crazy to think about it, but that is not a huge stretch. I love it!!

edit: I looked it up (I know, right?) and they have cracked 60 3 times. The most we have ever won is 64, and we won over 60 two years in a row ('97 and '98 not surprisingly).

I agree. I’m about as high on this jazz team as I have ever been. Can’t wait for the season to start. I’m biting at the chomp

Drinking the kool aid hard. Have been procrastinating cancelling Comcast and now I might just wait till next year cause Comcast is fantastic for jazz games.

I agree. I’m about as high on this jazz team as I have ever been. Can’t wait for the season to start. I’m biting at the chomp

Drinking the kool aid hard. Have been procrastinating cancelling Comcast and now I might just wait till next year cause Comcast is fantastic for jazz games.

Drinking the none Exum kook aid that is

This is hilarious. :D I honestly hope you are true to this hyper-sensitive persona in real life. Picturing your reaction to a potential mess-up on your order at McDonalds has me cracking up.

Anyway, if by "article" you mean "one relevant paragraph of a fan-run blog" that you linked to, then yes, i did read it. Doesn't change the validity of what I said. He has a long way to go to even get close. Lets be real, 99% of players in the NBA have the desire to be great, and yet 99% of them don't quite get there. Am i glad he isn't complacent? Yes. But none of the guys on our team are, and such personalities have been consistently valued by the front office since Fes, Kanter, and Boozer had tarnished that ideal. He needs to work on his fundamentals and health. He will never be a go-to clutch guy if he cant stay healthy, and cant learn to dribble, facilitate, or shoot under pressure as a rotation guy, let alone as a primary target of the defense.

He needs incremental progression. hell, him playing 60 games and 22 mpg would be a big win for this season, given the lack of contribution he's given us so far in his career.

But you do you :p

But he has that 1% speed.

Last edited:
To be the guy at the end of the game, he can't get his injury prone *** injured lol

His injury history is a little over exaggerated. He played 82 in year one, then the knee injury playing for his national team then played 66 games, but also had a ton of DNPCD’s then an idiot decided to jump on his freaking head unnecessarily in preseason. That certainly wasn’t his fault. To me the injury history isn’t that big a concern.

I've been down on exum ever since his first season, he's always looked scared out there on the court. I'm wiping the slate clean this season though, I hope he makes me eat crow. The kid deserves to have a breakout year with all the crap he has gone through

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app