What's new

Frankie Smokes. Who says No?

amedawg00

So the knicks just declined Frank's option. Frank and Spida are best friends. Jazz need a Perimeter defender. Who says no?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Frank went through 4 coaches never given a real opportunity to be the main guard. He had flashes from time to time and then the injuries didn’t help but he’s better than the stats show. It’s tough to put up numbers playing the way he’s had to. He’s not a go to scorer so his % always low because he either doesn’t shoot or when he does it’s likely one of those let me put up a shot to stay on the court. He’s best in P&R especially when he actually looks to score, defensively he isn’t a “pest” but has good movement and length 6’4-6’5 with a 7’1 wingspan, has a good shooting form and shoots really well from the corners I think last year or last 2 he’s shot 40% from corner 3.

Went through D-Fish, Fiz, Mike Miller & now Thibs.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

How did they become best friends?
If so seems no brainer to sign Frank N
But Frank is French and if Rudy steals him from Donovan that will not be good :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

seems like a good enough idea, even just to keep DM happy. if he can play a few minutes of solid D on someone that gets hot like Terance Mann did, and comes cheap, sign me up. I'm more than happy to just keep Hughes and Forrester in the g-league

we don't have space for another guard unfortunately. We currently have DM, JC, Butler, Hughes, Forrest, and Jingles/Royce who can fill the backcourt. And that's to assume we fail to bring back Conley. I just don't see a scenario where Frank would get minutes.

Our priority need to be on the wing/forward spot. We need an upgrade over Niang/Oni/Ersan/Morgan.

I mean, if everyone’s happy with him being the 5th or 6th guard then sure.
I guess I have to counter people saying he’s just a guard; isn’t he like 2” taller than Royce and as good’a defender? Admittedly he doesn’t shoot the 3 nearly as well but I would see him as a min guy you have as a dog defender on 1-3, if needed, deeper in the roster.

From a site I often use for this (Google):

“Ntilinka’s height was measured at 6’6 with a 7’1″ wingspan last summer at the FIBA World Cup”

If he’s coming in and taking the Exum role on a minimum, yes. Him vs. Oni? That’s the question. The answer is yes.
Yup. That’s the spot he is taking and that’s easy for me. Significantly better defender in practice/not theory and neither can hit the broad side of a barn.

Minimum. I’m in.

Cut Oni, please.

Count me in for the minimum. **** it. Lopo wore me down. And he’s improved every year in the league offensively.

Seems like a solid reclamation project. Give him some stability and a role on the team, and I could see him being more successful than he was in NY. Some guys just need a change of scenery.

Yup. That’s the spot he is taking and that’s easy for me. Significantly better defender in practice/not theory and neither can hit the broad side of a barn.
Google says he's 6'4'', but if he is in fact 6'6'', that makes him taller than both Royce AND Oni (Royce is 6'4'', 6'5''.) I am now way more interested in him, because I don't have high hopes for Oni.

Google says he's 6'4'', but if he is in fact 6'6'', that makes him taller than both Royce AND Oni (Royce is 6'4'', 6'5''.) I am now way more interested in him, because I don't have high hopes for Oni.
I’m just quoting this article our mutual friend Google told me about:

Yeah, I'd sign him for the minimum, wouldn't use our MLE on him (some of which should probably go towards giving Butler a 3 year deal anyways).