What's new

Game 6 was an anomaly, here's why

SCS

The Jazz lost game 6 by the close score of 98-93 despite shooting only 41% from the field and 26.9% from three, and basically taking the Clippers best punch as they shot 49.3% from the field and 42.9% from three.

I went back and looked at box scores from all 88 games this season to see how often the Jazz shot this poorly.
-Only 14 times including game 6 did the Jazz shoot 41% or worse from the field (15.9% of the time)
-Only 18 times including game 6 did the Jazz shoot 26.9% or worse from three (20.4% of the time)
-Only 8 times including game 6 did the Jazz shoot 41% from the field and 26.9% from three or worse in the same game (9% of the time)
-Only 2 times including game 6 did the Jazz shoot 41% from the field and 26.9% from three or worse in the same game WITH all of their starting five available (Hill, Hood, Hayward, Favors, Gobert) (2% of the time)

And the most important stat for game 7...
-Only 1 time all season did the Jazz shoot 41% from the field and 26.9% from three or worse in back to back games.

The Clippers won't have that massive shooting disparity tomorrow fellow Jazz fans! Have faith! On to Round 2! #TakeNote

Tell me what I desperately want to hear, my friend. Like jazz music to my aching ears. Many thanks.

Go Jazz. Let's win tomorrow and make my blues disappear.

I just want tomorrow to come already so we can get this over with.

Good post. Your effort is appreciated. Go Jazz?

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Jazzfanz application.

All the games have been close, but Utah has looked like the better team overall, especially with Griffin out. However, with the games being so close, anything can happen. If Utah can drain a decent amount of their 3s, things should go our way.

Also, don't discount the fact that the Clippers have doubt eating at them after multiple years of failure in the playoffs. Some fans think playoff experience is valuable regardless, but there is a huge difference between winning experience and losing experience. Some teams battle that doubt for years, so let's hope this Utah team can start off right with a 1st round win on our first try.

I just want tomorrow to come already so we can get this over with.

Yeah I wonder if the 2 day break was too long and it gave the Clippers time to regroup and our group went cold shooting wise.

Had that been a 1 day break I suspect we could have probably pulled off the win with all the momentum we had.

Gobert was out for half the third and all the fourth? Why doesn't any one bring this up? Genessy just put up that Gobert is good to go for Game 7. #nomoreinjuries

All the games have been close, but Utah has looked like the better team overall, especially with Griffin out. However, with the games being so close, anything can happen. If Utah can drain a decent amount of their 3s, things should go our way.

Also, don't discount the fact that the Clippers have doubt eating at them after multiple years of failure in the playoffs. Some fans think playoff experience is valuable regardless, but there is a huge difference between winning experience and losing experience. Some teams battle that doubt for years, so let's hope this Utah team can start off right with a 1st round win on our first try.
Jazz look better most of the time, but CP3 goes through stretches were he seems impossible to guard.

I really think we need to acknowledge how incredible Hill is playing despite having to put up with CP3 BS. Pnr are impossible to guard when DJ is allowed to set moving screens but any contact Hill makes trying to fight through these screens gives Paul 3 FTs.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz look better most of the time, but CP3 goes through stretches were he seems impossible to guard.

I really think we need to acknowledge how incredible Hill is playing despite having to put up with CP3 BS. Pnr are impossible to guard when DJ is allowed to set moving screens but any contact Hill makes trying to fight through these screens gives Paul 3 FTs.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Right there with ya on Hill. Yet, there is actually a thread with so-called jazz fans talking about pee drinker replacing our guy next year.

In my 15 or so years of posting on this board, I never thought I'd see trash like that in a year when Utah was back in the playoffs with a real chance of getting to the 2nd round on our first try. Everyone enabling that **** should be banned for 6 months. Too bad Jason and Colton are freakin hippies who believe in live and let live.

Right there with ya on Hill. Yet, there is actually a thread with so-called jazz fans talking about pee drinker replacing our guy next year.

In my 15 or so years of posting on this board, I never thought I'd see trash like that in a year when Utah was back in the playoffs with a real chance of getting to the 2nd round on our first try. Everyone enabling that **** should be banned for 6 months. Too bad Jason and Colton are freakin hippies who believe in live and let live.

Damn, I started posting on this board 11 years ago. Took a few years off. Came back. Crazy to think that much time has passed.

Either it's an anomaly or the Clippers have made the necessary defensive adjustments to bust up our offense.

FRom David Locke's latest empytin the noggin:

In a playoff series when things happen more than once, you have to begin to assume there is a reason. Joe Ingles has not scored it either of the last two games and is now shooting 32% in the series and below 30% from 3. The Clippers may have figured out how to take Ingles out of the offense. The other angle is that how Joe Ingles looks reminds me a bit of how he looked in the games after guarding LeBron James for 36 minutes in Cleveland. Guarding Chris Paul and JJ Redick is a big ask and his offense has been impacted. Quin Snyder pointed out earlier that JJ Redick’s defense is the amount he makes you work on offense.

I expect the Jazz to boat race the Clippers. See what I did there!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lac shooting will cool off, they can't stay hot, we have to adjust to their adjustment on JJ. We will figure it out! hope the refs are true to what is righteous. Go Jazz Go!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

Regression to the mean will happen a but for both teams, the jazz will not miss so many threes, they will win tomorrow.

I thought we were outcoached in Game Six. They found a way to have their way. If we don't respond with better coaching we might just look stupid getting nothing done.

But I was impressed with the rally in the stretch. What we don't have in coaches, we have in spirit.....

Just win.