What's new

Get off our plane! Now!

Holy hell in a handbag. Give me a ****ing break. Not to sound like Hack here, but liberals have crossed the line of becoming annoying as ****.

This is very simple. When you buy an airline ticket, there is unfortunately fine print and within that fine print it states that the airline has the right to remove you if overbooked. That's what happened here. The airline needed four volunteers to get off. Three volunteers stepped forward like adults, receiving $800 for doing so too I might add. This guy decided like an insolent little child to remain in his seat. Authorities had to be called in. He wouldn't listen. The cops had to remove him. Cry me a ****ing river.

"It was very traumatic," passenger Jade Kelley said. She did not witness the entire event but she said the sound of the screams still haunt her.
"It was horrible. I had trouble sleeping last night and hearing the video again gives me chills."

Jesus Christ almighty. This woman is no doubt medicated up the ****ing wazzoo because she struggles to get through life on a daily basis without being comatose.

And yes, I'm perfectly aware that the cop could've handled it better. But that's virtually immaterial to me. How about listen to the employees on board and the cops and stop crying profiling after you acted like an *******.

I've seen several instances of over booked flights. They handled this wrong. They are supposed to call certain passengers to the desk before boarding if they don't get enough volunteers then hold them until the plane boards. Most airlines have a policy against removing people from the plane once it's boarded. Handled improperly by the gate personnel.

Oh and I agree wholeheartedly with everything Wes said. The airlines generally do this according to set criteria, such as frequent flyer status and when a flight was booked. So if they ask you then you were basically the last one to buy the ticket and you don't fly often enough to get perks. Accept it and move on.

Airlines can **** right off with overbooking. Don't sell products you don't have.

That's the big issue here. Certain industries enjoy legal protection that no other ones do. In ways that seem ridiculous. Where else could you sell more of a product than you actually have and then give people pocket change to "deal with it?" Or how it's illegal in so many jurisdictions to sell a new vehicle directly to a customer.

And what really boggles the mind is that airlines claim to engage in this practice because of no shows. Don't you pay for a ticket in full ahead of time? Isn't it non-refundable if you just don't show up at the gate? How are they losing money if people don't show up for their flight?

Chinese profiling???

Lmao. Have NEVER heard of Asian profiling and it has never happened, once, in the history of the world, ever.

Chinese profiling???

Lmao. Have NEVER heard of Asian profiling and it has never happened, once, in the history of the world, ever.

Chinese always side with Chinese. I don't want to hear nothin' about nothin' from their Weibo netizens. If this happened in China and you were not Chinese .......a bunch of Chinese people would've kicked you in the head as you were being dragged out. You don't get to mess with Chinese people if you're not Chinese. Not Authority figures, not common folk. You can't even go after wallet thieves in China because they'll just scream that a foreigner is attacking them and then 20 random Chinese males that don't even know the guy will have you surrounded in no time.

Last edited:
Holy hell in a handbag. Give me a ****ing break. Not to sound like Hack here, but liberals have crossed the line of becoming annoying as ****.

This is very simple. When you buy an airline ticket, there is unfortunately fine print and within that fine print it states that the airline has the right to remove you if overbooked. That's what happened here. The airline needed four volunteers to get off. Three volunteers stepped forward like adults, receiving $800 for doing so too I might add. This guy decided like an insolent little child to remain in his seat. Authorities had to be called in. He wouldn't listen. The cops had to remove him. Cry me a ****ing river.

insolent little child? Dude is a doctor at a hospital and has patients to check on the next morning.

Don't stand up for these moron airliners who participate in the ridiculous practice of overbooking tickets.

insolent little child? Dude is a doctor at a hospital and has patients to check on the next morning.

Don't stand up for these moron airliners who participate in the ridiculous practice of overbooking tickets.

Want to take a moment to note that I couldn't care less that he's a doctor in this situation.

United needed the four seats for employees who wanted/needed to get to Louisville.

Definitely a situation that was handled VERY badly.

Not sure what the answer is other than to keep upping the ante to passengers to give up their seats - but if people keep refusing, the airline's hands seem tied.

I suppose there aren't a lot of other options to get from Chicago to Louisville if these were employees who were to be part of a crew for a flight departing Louisville. If the crew isn't there, that sets off a whole chain of delays and other consequences. Though if they were just employees traveling on a comp pass, then tough luck to them.

I'll be curious to learn more about the situation.

Overbooking flights is standard - it may not seem right, but then again the airlines often have ticketed passengers who don't show up for flights, particularly among Business class passengers who have refundable tickets that they aren't personally paying for anyhow.

It wasnt a good move for the company period.

United Airlines stock holders and now paying for their idiot CEO.

That's the big issue here. Certain industries enjoy legal protection that no other ones do. In ways that seem ridiculous. Where else could you sell more of a product than you actually have and then give people pocket change to "deal with it?" Or how it's illegal in so many jurisdictions to sell a new vehicle directly to a customer.

And what really boggles the mind is that airlines claim to engage in this practice because of no shows. Don't you pay for a ticket in full ahead of time? Isn't it non-refundable if you just don't show up at the gate? How are they losing money if people don't show up for their flight?

I suppose you are right on auto dealership law. We should forget about anti-trust kill off competition an create a massive segment of US jobs to fail an let taxpayers bail it out over an over. I mean, what's the point in segregation the sales function so terribly run dealerships go under instead a giant company with bloated overhead?

Liberal libertarians have gone silly they do not know what they want use government for the greater good, don't use government, they are so confused.

I suppose you are right on auto dealership law. We should forget about anti-trust kill off competition an create a massive segment of US jobs to fail an let taxpayers bail it out over an over. I mean, what's the point in segregation the sales function so terribly run dealerships go under instead a giant company with bloated overhead?

Liberal libertarians have gone silly they do not know what they want use government for the greater good, don't use government, they are so confused.

I am not sure that I quite understand what you are saying, but wouldn't direct to consumer sales from auto companies save the consumer a bit of money by cutting out the dealership? they could still have used car dealerships.

The same doctor who was arrested on multiple felony drug charges as it relates to his profession and wasn't allowed to practice for 10 years until Kentucky was dumb enough to let him do so in 2015?

That doctor?

Do the hospitals in Elizabethtown have no other doctors and do they solely rely on him and if so, why was he out of town?

Surely this doctor is so educated he knew the fine print that came with the ticket he purchased?

The practice is dumb as ****. It should be changed. Hopefully this will help do so. But this doesn't change the fact that the guy was a little ******* and didn't listen to authorities despite buying a ticket that specified such airline practices. It doesn't change the fact that he didn't have to wait til the next day for a flight and could've just pocketed the $1,600 between him and his wife and driven the 4.5 hours back to Louisville.

The guy was a douche. Period.

I am not sure that I quite understand what you are saying, but wouldn't direct to consumer sales from auto companies save the consumer a bit of money by cutting out the dealership? they could still have used car dealerships.

How is Ford gonna operate dealerships less then the dealerships are now an save you money? Ask logistics expert [MENTION=499]LogGrad98[/MENTION] maybe he can clue us in.

2. How are you getting cheaper pricing not more expensive when Ford owns all the dealerships in the nation, has a unspoken collusion deal with Toyota, Chevrolet, Dodge, Nissan, hiyundai? They would all raise prices in unison an give you a no haggle price.