What's new

God damn people

Wow, that is just horrible...... as bad as gets here in america

Yeah I was just reading this story. It is horrifying and I fell for the parents of the kids. I would be broken if something happened to my angels.

Uggghhh. Im sick to my stomach.

No words for this. I feel for the families and victims.

This story might be one of the sickest I've ever read due to the overwhelming number of casualties and ages.

After killing the principal he took off after a Kindergarten class. On CBS right now they said he shot kids... Execution style.

Just gross. Rotting in hell doesn't even describe what should happen to this guy.

I don't know how those kids will (ever) be able to go back to school and study again. I don't know how teachers can go back and teach at that school. How do parents ever feel like their children are safe again? What a horrible story all around.

I think the next logical step is lock the schools up with security and metal detectors.

LOL. I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, but I'm not sure if people are aware of the sad affairs in our localities....

While we've been pissing away billions in Iraq and Afghanistan...

We barely have enough money to pay teachers a lil more than min. wage. My friend started out recently as a teacher in Utah making under $30k per year. In Utah, class sizes are high 20s/low/mid 30s. My friend teaches at a Jr. High in Herriman and their textbooks were printed over 10 years ago. I have seen classes with more students than desks in elementary schools in Utah County. There was a huge uproar a year or so ago when they passed a bond in Alpine School District to get air conditioning in a few schools. Many people bitched about how teachers just needed to bring in a few more fans.

If we don't have enough money for desk, textbooks, and air conditioning (and refuse to pay for these things via higher taxes) how the hell are we going to afford to place cops and metal detectors in schools? And then what happens if a deranged sicko like today just ignores the metal detectors? What happens if he takes out the security? Then what?

The problem is society in general.

We've gotta attack that. What the solution is? I have no idea. Get rid of violent media and make it harder to get guns? Provide more medical care for morons? Accept that morons exist? Institute a mandatory draft at age 18 so kids get their aggression out earlier? None of those solutions seem very appealing or effective to me.

How emotionally ****** up do you have to be to start shooting children?

Absolutely disgusting and heart breaking.

I find this particularly depressing as I just went to pick up the mail and my scholarship check was in there. The scholarship is a memorial one, in honour of a student who was shot by his classmate a decade ago here in Alberta. I feel guilty about the money somehow, now.

Looks like he was angry at his mommy (and another family member) and then he decided to shoot her along with so many others...

What a punkass...

https://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/20...26-dead-including-18-kids-in-connecticut?lite

The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, of Hoboken, N.J., also was found dead at the scene, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the Newtown, Conn., school, and it's inside her classroom where most of the casualties took place, according to WNBC's Jonathan Dienst. Another member of Lanza's family was found shot to death at home in Newtown, and a second person is in custody for a possible connection to Friday's slaughter.

Well, I didn't think there was much worse than the father shooting up his child's school angle they were going with earlier, but that new info might have just topped it.

Ugh..... this is so hard to even imagine.... yet it happened...... All my prayers to those families.