What's new

Gordo: Jazz Leading Per Minute Scorer. Extension?

How much would you be willing to give Gordo on a 4 year extension?

• < $8mm per year

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • $8mm - $8.9mm per year

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • $9mm - $9.9mm per year

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • $10mm - $10.9mm per year

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • $11mm - $11.9mm per year

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • $12mm - $12.9mm per year

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $13mm - $13.9mm per year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $14mm+ per year

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

GVC

Gordo just moved ahead of Al in per minute scoring at 18.6 pts/36. Dude's TS% stands at a respectable .559 (17th of 64 qualified SGs per Hollinger/ESPN).

Dude's eligible for an extension in the Summer. How much would you be willing to give him per season on a 4 year extension (that is, if he's not designated as the Jazz's 5 year extension player)?

The problem is that he is still not consistent. The month of December was amazing for him. He usually has that month at the end of the season. I hope that it is a sign of things to come, but if I was basing it off of current play and not what might be there at the end of the year I would say about 6 to 8 million a year. He could get that number closer to 10 if he keeps this up the rest of the season.

Matt Harpring money? Like Mid-level-ish? Seriously? Dude's a way better defender, more efficient scorer, better playmaker, and only 22-years-old.

Do y'all actually think he could possibly be locked up for less than $8mm per season this summer?

FWIW, I picked the $9mm - $9.9mm option, although I wouldn't freak out over an extension a little over $10mm per. Nic Batum got about $11.5mm per year on his extension.

The problem is that he is still not consistent. The month of December was amazing for him. He usually has that month at the end of the season. I hope that it is a sign of things to come, but if I was basing it off of current play and not what might be there at the end of the year I would say about 6 to 8 million a year. He could get that number closer to 10 if he keeps this up the rest of the season.

I don't disagree but for some reason, to me, Hayward's the type of guy who will age like fine wine, becoming much more comfortable in his shoes, knowing he belongs, as he ages.

Given his ability to play both ends of the court, his age, and what I stated above, yet knowing his natural limitations athletically, I'd say 8-8.99M. I'd strongly consider going higher at around 9.5M and find it would be tough to sign off on that if the deal were frontloaded.

How much do you think he'll get if he hits free agency in 2014?

If you're not willing to go higher than 8 on an extension, what do you do when he signs an offer sheet worth 10+ per season? Let him walk?

I don't disagree but for some reason, to me, Hayward's the type of guy who will age like fine wine, becoming much more comfortable in his shoes, knowing he belongs, as he ages.

Given his ability to play both ends of the court, his age, and what I stated above, yet knowing his natural limitations athletically, I'd say 8-8.99M. I'd strongly consider going higher at around 9.5M and find it would be tough to sign off on that if the deal were frontloaded.

I agree with you but rookie contracts are for potential, your second contract is for your actual production. For Hayward's actual production is is in between 6-8 million.

If you're not willing to go higher than 8 on an extension, what do you do when he signs an offer sheet worth 10+ per season? Let him walk?

At the rate he is going I could easily see Batum money.

Like I said, I'd personally go higher than 8 and the more I think about it, given his age and work ethic too, I think I'd be willing to go as high as 10.25M if the deal were frontloaded. It's not an absurd amount and four years isn't nearly as bad as five should he earn more than he deserves.

So the Jazz should be looking to trade him?

Not even slightly. If he can have games that were 75% of what we saw last night but he has them every other game or so then he will be the reason this team gets through hard games. The offense runs about a million times better when it goes through Hayward.

Like I said, I'd personally go higher than 8 and the more I think about it, given his age and work ethic too, I think I'd be willing to go as high as 10.25M if the deal were frontloaded. It's not an absurd amount and four years isn't nearly as bad as five should he earn more than he deserves.

I could make the case for about 10 million. I think that is a little high but the market is completely messed up right now.

Not even slightly. If he can have games that were 75% of what we saw last night but he has them every other game or so then he will be the reason this team gets through hard games. The offense runs about a million times better when it goes through Hayward.
1. You could easily see him getting $11.5mm per.
2. You wouldn't be willing to give him more than $8mm per in an extension.
3. You wouldn't trade him.

Am I missing something?

I agree with you but rookie contracts are for potential, your second contract is for your actual production. For Hayward's actual production is is in between 6-8 million.

Hayward brings in many things that do not show up on a stat sheet. I say 8-10 mill.

Edit: I voted 10 - 10.9 mill. I would be willing to go up to that if he maintains his production from December.

Now that there is a poll, I said 10-10.9 million!!!

Give this boy his money!!