What's new

Gordon Hayward's number?

Give him 33 and pray to god he turns out like this man.

larry-bird-action.jpg

larry-bird-action.jpg

Not a chance in Hell.

I mean, it would be nice, but Larry was unstoppable. Hayward had a Birdish run this past year, but he ain't Larry. Besides, I think Larry's left leg weighed more than Gordon combined.

After reading many of the responses to his darfting, I would have thought his number might be "666".

larry-bird-action.jpg

This dude would never be able to defend or get his shot off in today's modern NBA. Guys like J-smooth and Lebron would send this 3 point attempt into the nosebleed section.

This dude would never be able to defend or get his shot off in today's modern NBA. Guys like J-smooth and Lebron would send this 3 point attempt into the nosebleed section.

False. Larry was a nasty dude and a legit baller. He was a true 6'9 forward with a high release. He had a nice drop step and was a great passer. Larry in his prime would give Josh Smith and Lebron fits. Those guys make the highlights for their defensive plays from the weakside or in an open-court situation. Larry played the angles, read the defense, etc. He only needed a little space to get his shot off. Bird also played in the NBA where very hard fouls and thrown punches were common. Larry was tough as nails...unfortunately his back didn't hold up (but I imagine he played through a LOT of pain in his late career).

I'm sure it well be 20. As for Bird not getting shots of against athletic defenders you forget the Battles he had with Domonique Wilkins. One of the most athletic SF of all time in the NBA. Larry would do just fine in todays NBA.