What's new

Grinnell player scores 138 in win...

cctrackstar

https://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/D3-Grinnell-player-scores-138-points-in-a-game-to-smash-NCAA-record-112012

Nuts college story that folks were talking about in pregame shows around the NBA: This Jack Taylor 5'10 guy transfer scores 138 points to beat the other team in division 3 college ball. Interesting thing is that he beat a player on the other team who got 70 points at a better percentage.

Few questions here: Was anyone even trying to play defense? For example, even with his 138 points he only shot 10 free throw attempts.

Dude, foul the guy! Trip him if you have to, get a tech called on you, something to slow him down!

Anyway, Who thinks this no name transfer gets taken in the first round NBA draft time...

It was staged. Lots of people pissed about making a mockery of the sport. There's been a ton written that I don't really care to go through the whole thing again..

It was staged. Lots of people pissed about making a mockery of the sport. There's been a ton written that I don't really care to go through the whole thing again..

I know that his team was trying to get him every shot, but was the other team in on it too? Like, obviously they weren't trapping or trying to get the ball out of his hands right?

It was all staged. Obviously, he still had to make 32% of his shots ... but yeah, staged.

I only saw maybe 5 minutes of clips, but it was more or less like an allstar game ..

Sandy had no reason to concern herself.