What's new

Has the Niang ERA begun?

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

is he our best option at the stretch 4 position right now? Just look at how different he looks now than the start of the year. It’s complete night and day. He’s skilled can shoot and create for himself and confident with the ball in hand. He needs more min and experience in order to learn to make smarter plays for himself and the team, but he definitely has potential as a knock down shooter and playmaker. While not the most athletic, he’s underrated in that area to some degree, not a great defender, but he cares and plays hard and isn’t a complete liability on that end.

is he our best option at the stretch 4 position right now? Just look at how different he looks now than the start of the year. It’s complete night and day. He’s skilled can shoot and create for himself and confident with the ball in hand. He needs more min and experience in order to learn to make smarter plays for himself and the team, but he definitely has potential as a knock down shooter and playmaker. While not the most athletic, he’s underrated in that area to some degree, not a great defender, but he cares and plays hard and isn’t a complete liability on that end.

He could be Ingles lite for sure.

I've been very impressed with him. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if he takes some of Crowders minutes next season.
This. I'm not sure if Niang is an "answer" to the stretch 4 but I as an armchair GM think Crowder is a weak link. Niang is more than capable of playing his role.

Niang has improved so much over the course of the year being in and out of the rotation what’s he going to do with a full year or two in the rotation. A ton of you were saying the same about Ingles, and I was right about him. I never said he should start, but there’s something there, and wouldn’t shock me if at some point down the line became a starter just like Ingles.

Just like Ingles, Niang ended his first season (first season getting minutes other than garbage minutes) much better than he started