What's new

Hayward reminds me a lot of another guy whose name started with H

You are a smart, smart man. 2 of our best ballers were "slow and white". Dude can play, I give it the George Foreman guarantee.

And his jersey is hanging in the rafters ... Jeff Hornacek

Haha, yeah? Well he reminds me of Adam Morrison and that guys jersey will be no where near a rafter in our lifetimes. (Jeff Hornacek?!?! In what way AT ALL?!)

And his jersey is hanging in the rafters ... Jeff Hornacek

shaq.gif

The way Horny carried himself and handled the ball, kind of deceptive and always thinking off the dribble, except Hayward is bigger and actually a better athlete. So far as shooting, Horny was a good shooter in college, but developed into a great shooter while in the NBA.

He reminds me a lot of Luke Jackson... Or a slightly quicker Scott Padget.

Well now, that is making me change my mind. Never thought about it that way. If I had a nickel for every time I think all we need is a quick Scott Padget to put us over the top, I'd be a multi millionaire.

For every Jeff Hornacek, there are 100 Luke Jacksons, Adam Morrisons, and Dunleavys.

Sorry, but the league is getting more athletic, not less. And Hornacek was a deadeye shooter. Hayward is not.

I like this guy. For a low 20s pick. Since we're playing this game, he reminds me of a poor-man's Keith Van Horn. Smaller and without the silky three. I think this kid can play. Look at Butler and what they did to get to the finals (and almost win) and then show me any other player on that team that carried Hayseed. He'll be okay, but I think there were other better players that met a more urgent need. I'm not ruling out a trade, but I think that's improbable. If the Pacers trade for this guy because of some sentimentality about where he played they're maroons. If we keep him, he'll hide behind Miles (who I expect even more from - finally) and it might mean they cut loose Korver in favor of trying to re-up Booze. The dominoes don't stop there. Booze's re-signing signals a nearly impossible chance of signing any more help at the 5. We'd better hope Okur's back to at least his normal self and KK2 and Fes figure suddenly pick up Stephen Hawking's thinking instead of Stephen Hawking's play.

I like this guy. For a low 20s pick. Since we're playing this game, he reminds me of a poor-man's Keith Van Horn. Smaller and without the silky three. I think this kid can play. Look at Butler and what they did to get to the finals (and almost win) and then show me any other player on that team that carried Hayseed. He'll be okay, but I think there were other better players that met a more urgent need. I'm not ruling out a trade, but I think that's improbable. If the Pacers trade for this guy because of some sentimentality about where he played they're maroons. If we keep him, he'll hide behind Miles (who I expect even more from - finally) and it might mean they cut loose Korver in favor of trying to re-up Booze. The dominoes don't stop there. Booze's re-signing signals a nearly impossible chance of signing any more help at the 5. We'd better hope Okur's back to at least his normal self and KK2 and Fes figure suddenly pick up Stephen Hawking's thinking instead of Stephen Hawking's play.
Actually Stephen Hawking is more akin to Boozer's and Okur's defense than Fesenko's play.