Haywood about to get his wish...

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by yamers, May 17, 2019 at 8:42 AM.

1. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    rubios business partner just posted some lyrics on twitter about “utah its been real”

Now news is that celtics are very interested in rubio, and I think he would work well there.

Hope it goes **** up tho.

Rubio but hurt.

2. checkbookdoc

checkbookdoc Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Nothing but love for Rubio. Played hard and made positive contributions on and off the floor. I hope he ends up in a great spot. He would be a breath of fresh air to the culture in Boston.

Strutter, Rubashov, Greasy84 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ellis269

Ellis269 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Rubio is a good dude who brought a lot of good things with him to Utah. Unfortunately, good (consistent) perimeter shooting wasn’t one of them.

I’m sorry that the Jazz looking to upgrade his position hurt his feelings, but it’s a business. With that said, I wish him well. Won’t ever do anything but cheer for him moving forward. Hopefully he handles his exit better than Hayward did.

Also, as a side note. These professional athletes should tell those in their circle to stop it with sending messages to fan bases. There’s no upside to hurting your legacy and certainly not from someone other than you. Be professional and direct. Works much better.

hhhhkau, Jazzman02 and checkbookdoc like this.
  4. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    If I was Rubio I would be pretty pissed at my business partner.

5. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Y'all are insanely huge *******.

He said "it's been real Utah". Yall act like he said something negative. Get a grip.

Rubashov and themanknownassting like this.
  6. The Jazz Wonderbra

The Jazz Wonderbra Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Well, when Rubio was being asked about committing to play for the Spanish National Team throughout the upcoming tournament... he mentioned that he needs to make sure it is OK by his NEW TEAM. He specifically said: "you don’t want to start badly with your new team"

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc...rld-cup/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

There is plenty of writing on the wall here if you can't tell. I would think he would be a little less telling if there was still doubt in his mind.

This is all more of a tell then a slight of Utah.

7. kabenac

kabenac Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Imagine Rubio, Rozier and Smart tossing up shots. It's bad when Marcus Smart is their best shooting PG.

The Thriller likes this.
  8. Mongoose

Mongoose Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe they sign Rubio and trade Haywood?

9. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Why hate on Ricky? He's done nothing to upset anyone here and was always a consummate teammate.

Just didn't fit what we needed to do. May he find greener pastures somewhere.

hhhhkau, Strutter and Rubashov like this.
  10. tedbundy

tedbundy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Rufio, Rufio, Rufio, Rufio.....

11. DasJazz

DasJazz Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I beg to differ, that wide open 3 pointer air ball in the last game kinda upset me.

12. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Nothing but love for Rubio. We knew what he was when we obtained him. At times he performed better than he had.

Favors and Rubio could both end up in Boston. And both would help them win.

I love Quin, he is a genius. I love Rudy he is exceptional. But the combination makes it difficult for Lindsey to build a roster. And a small unattractive market team is stressed by a business model that devalues existing assets and pays long term assets for short term rentals.

13. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Celtic games at Vivint would be great... loud cheers for Rubio and lots of boos for Hayward, assuming he’s still on the team.

Handlogten's Heros likes this.
  14. Jazzman02

Jazzman02 Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Very true. Hayward could be on track to be out of league faster than D-Will was when he left the Jazz.

15. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    I have a feeling Hayward is headed to New Orleans or Memphis this summer.

Let’s not **** on Rubio. He is a tough fit but gave his all... hopefully he is not salty... we gave him a ton of opportunities. He’s a great man and I wish him nothing but good... It just wasn’t a good enough fit. I will root for him in his next stop... but if it’s Boston it will make it hard.

16. Jazzman02

Jazzman02 Member

Feb 5, 2018
    I agree. Do you think Hayward is headed to NOLA or Memphis to be a part of Conley or AD trades? Also, do the Jazz make a trade for one of the two positions they need to get the other in free agency?

17. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    How do u even move that contract? Boston is gona have to give up some serious assets like all their picks this year...and maybe some future picks. Moving that contract is hard as ****

18. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Hope he doesn't end up in Boston. Yuck. He's a good guy and he deserves nice things.

19. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    Yup.. he could be the salary that gets the deal done in either of those trades.

I think they go to free agency and my homer heart tells me we get Tobias... if we miss I think we trade for Conley... if we miss we might consider one of the restricted free agents... after that it is stitching a couple solid free agents together.

I think we get Tobias and all is well. We need a win here... so I'll be optimistic.

Wes Mantooth and Jazzman02 like this.
  20. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Thought this was about a mass man bukake with Hayword in the middle.

UB, Douchebag K and Rubashov like this.