What's new

Help me out.... Butler’s health concerns

Have you ever played at the D1 or professional levels? Don’t give me your pick-up-bball philosophy.

Butler has excellent change-of-speed athleticism. That puts as much or more stress on the knees as leaping does.

Etc.
He doesn't play full speed, doesn't he? He plays that way using change of speed because of his knees. Of course he is good bball player and we're lucky to have him.
If you have played basketball on any level after injury knees you will understand that better.

He doesn't play full speed, doesn't he? He plays that way using change of speed because of his knees. Of course he is good bball player and we're lucky to have him.
If you have played basketball on any level after injury knees you will understand that better.
You don’t know if he’s playing at his full speed.

I have played bball after knee injuries. And so I know how little my feelings about all of this apply to this situation.

You’ve totally skipped over his change-of-speed and -direction.... which is indefensible

One factor not brought up in this tread (but was in the draft thread) is salary cap and how it would save the Jazz money trading back into the 2nd round instead of the locked in salary of a 1st round pick.

Combine that with what has already been said, like having the trade already in the works. Heck maybe the Jazz passing on him when everyone knew how much the Jazz liked him scared off some of the other teams between what was the Jazz's first round and 2nd round pick.

Lmao what are you on? If you have significant knee issues that prevent from playing "at full speed" you definitely aren't going to be operating your game from a change of speed mentality as that's going to put a lot of pressure on your knees as much, if not more, than just playing a consistent higher speed.

The likelihood is that Butler has some kind of degenerative knee issue from ignoring/playing through knee pain. Those things are tough to treats because you have to find the root cause, which might not always be the knee itself, then figure out how to treat it over time while playing through it. In some cases you might have to stop your sport altogether and do a long rehab process, bit hopefully that's not the case.