What's new

Hey has anybody used the "DBox" at the movies?

I'm gonna go watch the Hobbit on Wednesday and I'm wondering if "Dbox" is worth the money. Dbox costs about eight dollars extra per seat and I'm not crazy about paying for "gimmicks." In fact, I hate watching movies in 3D. Is the Dbox just another gimmick to pump money from movie-goers or does it actually enhance the whole movie going experience?

What is Dbox you might ask (I know I did)... here is a youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbEaEUqtnY

Wow, I've always had to pay much more to go to the movies and hit up a dbox.

Totally worth it, tho.

In all seriousness, u should do it at least once. (I don't even know wtf it is, btw)

$8 to try something new is most always worth it. My advice is do it.

Never heard of it, but it kind of looks like the seats they have in the theme park "adventure" theatres though and I always thought those were pretty cool. I don't know exactly how much fun/value they would be with movies that aren't designed specifically for it, but what the hell, I'm with PKM.....give it a whirl....and come back here and rant/rave about it.

They should just put a bunch of mechanical bulls in a room with a screen and call it a theatre. I'll watch The Hobbit while riding a mechanical bull any day of the week.

^^^ that **** would work!!! People way too conservative nowadays. Take a risk do something crazy, stick with it, and have a blast. Make some money while ur Doin it. Great idea Duck.

The D stands for douche. So yeah, go pay extra to sit in the Douche-Box, that way everyone else will know to leave you alone.

The only advantage I see is that it looks like you'll get your own arm rests and some leg room, so maybe it is worth it.

A douche box is a ***** and I'm "in" so basically I'm about to **** that *****, but you gotta put a ring on it first.

Ok

I didn't realize it was just like 3 rows amongst all the normal others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apc8OU98r54

That **** would be really annoying if you sitting above that section and maybe below depending on how much noise it makes.