What's new

Holmoe is a homo!

7StraightIsGreat

Seriously, in these latest quotes from the D-News, it seems as if he's dropping some strong hints that BYU is considering ending the rivalry:

"(Utah) is a great partner of ours. We had an incredible rivalry, and it was fun. It got nasty for the fans a lot. But on the field, if you play, you love it. For a lot of people that really get it, it's an incredibly great rivalry. That's sad that it will change. We're fighting to try to keep it and make it work, but it's hard. The logistics have all of a sudden changed dramatically. So, we're going to fight to see what we can do, but there's no answer to that today."

Seriously Tom? Why is it so "hard"? Granted, I understand that 2011 will be tricky because Utah basically already has their road schedule mapped out and there's no room for a game @ BYU. However, if you're BYU, you agree to play for 2 straight years in SLC and in 2011 you make Utah pay you whatever the standard rate is for a Pac10 school to pay a visiting non-conference team. After that, I don't see whats so hard about doing a home and home from there on out.

I'd almost think BYU would be hell-bent on continuing the series now that Utah is going to a bigger conference. They seem to be the school that would have everything to gain from it. I think Holmoe is being a pretty big wimp about this.

Who let Salty Dawg into the press conference to ask him about 2 for 1's?

When we first found out that Utah was going to the Pac 10, I thought it was silly when I'd hear a Utah fan screaming for a 2 for 1. I thought the Utah fan base was getting just a bit ahead of themselves. However, now I'm wondering if it's not such a bad idea, but I think it depends on what BYU wants.

Now that Utah is in the bigger conference, BYU can refuse to come and play @ Utah unless the Utes are willing to give them a pretty good pay day for coming up to SLC. If BYU does ask for that, I wouldn't be suprised if Utah tried to push for 2 for 1's as a result. If BYU is going to get a higher pay day out of visiting Utah, I don't see the benefit for the Utes to play @ BYU every other year unless BYU is offering some sort of similar pay day to Utah.

Obviously, these type of things weren't a problem when they were in the same conference. Both schools owe it to the fans from both programs to work out a solution that is fair to both sides. This rivalry is too important to jeapordize.