What's new

Household Names (Social Experiment)

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
So it's been a trend lately to ask your GF/Wife to name 5 current NBA players. Putting this in the Utah Jazz section because it wont get viewed otherwise and it's fun. Also I told her to not name Jazz players because she will often watch games with me. The idea behind this is that the "Super Star" label is dumb as hell because people who dont watch basketball can barely name any NBA players.

I asked my girl and I got the following response

"The ball brothers lol I dont know their names. Patty Mills. Lebron James. Juan Toscano Anderson."

And the bonus lulz addition "I would have included Dwayne Johnson but I know he retired"

Rudy Gobert
Donovan Mitchell
Joe Ingles
Ricky Rubio
LeBron James

Can you tell she lives with a Jazz fan?

Here's what my wife came back with:

- what's his name okopoko (Giannis)
- Jaron Young (Trae)
- Lebron James
- Rudy Gobert
- Gordon Hayward

Others: the guy who plays for Denver (Murray), the guy who looks mean (still not sure), Andrei Kirilenko.

My partner went with:

LeBron James
Steph Curry
Seth Curry
Draimon Greene
Rudy .... damn ... is his name Rudy? Golbert (and apparently thought he had a very distinctive scar on his head?)

Greek Freak .. doesn't know his name
LeBron
Kevin Love - has a crush on him
Rudy she's slept with a Gobert t-shirt on
KAT - we won money on him being ROTY

That was fun, my Mrs never watches bball so I gave her this question and mentioned current players. I got the following response...

Lebron James
Dwayne Wade
Andrew Bogut
Someone Lowry like Mike Lowry
Long long pause
Dwight Howard
Delledova
Ben Simmons
"I can't remember the Kardashian ex's"

Here's what my wife came back with:

- what's his name okopoko (Giannis)
- Jaron Young (Trae)
- Lebron James
- Rudy Gobert
- Gordon Hayward

Others: the guy who plays for Denver (Murray), the guy who looks mean (still not sure), Andrei Kirilenko.
lol. best answer so far. okopoko. hilarious.

My wife got

Giannis - We went to a Jazz/Bucks game last year and I talked a lot about why he was so good - she remembered him.

LeBron - No explanation needed.

Steph Curry - She has a connection to one of the members of GSW ownership, so she knows who he is.

Kevin Durant - Which was funny because she knew his name, but had no idea what team he played for.

Ricky Rubio - Because she thought he might have played for the Jazz years ago. (I think she would’ve come around to Hayward and Favors for the same reasons.)