What's new

How much would you offer Malcolm Brogdon this summer?

SCS

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brogdma01.html

26 years old
6'5 229 PG/SG
16/17 NBA ROTY

This year...
15.7 PPG
4.7 RPG
3.3 APG
0.8 SPG
29.3 MPG
51% FG
42.2% 3FG on 3.7 attempts per game
93.9% FT (#1 in the NBA)
120 ortg
107 drtg
17.8 PER

He has had some injuries. And he's not a star at the moment. But he's promising. How much would you offer to get him on the Jazz?

Definitely one of the best options available to us, if not the best option. Great size, good defense, elite shooting and comfortable at handling the ball. But I doubt the Bucks is letting him go.

Nothing. It's a waste of our time we should be spending on somebody else. It would be like waiting for Conley when the other deals are happening.

What is the only difference between all these guys?
- Bledsoe
- Mirotic
- Middleton
- Brogdon
- Lopez

... Brogdon is the only restricted free agent which means he's the only one the Bucks are guaranteed to keep. He's not going anywhere.

Y'all wanting to max this guy are crazy.

Can we stick to saving our max spots for allstar caliber players?

Unrelated, but I'm watching Tobias on the 6'ers, and he's not getting many touches. He's like their 4th option.

Here is the interesting thing. Tobias might actually lose value playing in Philly. At the Clippers, he was the man. He was carrying the team at times. In Philly, there is a chance that things go south there. Or, they just lose a playoff series and he doesn't do much in the series due to no fault of his own. If he has an ineffective series, I wonder if teams might question a max contract with him.

Should be interesting to monitor for sure.

I doubt Tobias has even practiced with the team yet, dudes. So.....

I get it, but his touches are going to go down. Simmons, Embiid, Butler and even Redick all need to eat. He's like their new Covington with a bit extra.

Y'all wanting to max this guy are crazy.

Can we stick to saving our max spots for allstar caliber players?

I mean, that's what I'd like to do. But what all star are we signing this summer? The only one that I think we have a remote chance at is Kemba Walker. And that is a huge longshot.

So we're looking at younger guys who may not be there quite yet like Malcolm Brogdon, maybe Terry Rozier. Or we're just gonna be stuck re-signing Rubio/Favors.

Unless we trade for someone.

There is no chance at Tobias Harris btw. I'll keep saying it. He gone. That ship has sailed.

Also, if PGs are going to too expensive or hard to come by, we can play Mitchell at the 1 and pick up an athletic 2-way 2-guard. Then bring Exum in as an early sub. For $10M - $15M you can get a solid 2 guard. Have Ingles share the ball handling duty.

What the Jazz need is another 18-pt scorer, and it shouldn't cost $30M to get one.