What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

I found this evaluation from a jazz fan on NBAdraft.net and wanted to see what jazz fanz thoughts r

Qman

3 things about Udoh

First of all he is 23. He played a couple of years at Michigan. Transfered and red shirted and played one really good year at Baylor. Basically he is unlikely to improve a lot more. He is also unlikely to get much thicker and stronger.

2nd I would say the Jason Thompson comparsion is good but Udoh is smaller and quicker. He also is more smooth and has more small forward skills.

3rd he isn't strong enough to play a power game in the pros. So he is a face-up 4 with some shotblocking ability.

InGameStrategy

3 things about Udoh

First of all he is 23. He played a couple of years at Michigan. Transfered and red shirted and played one really good year at Baylor. Basically he is unlikely to improve a lot more. He is also unlikely to get much thicker and stronger.

2nd I would say the Jason Thompson comparsion is good but Udoh is smaller and quicker. He also is more smooth and has more small forward skills.

3rd he isn't strong enough to play a power game in the pros. So he is a face-up 4 with some shotblocking ability.
Three things about your three things:

First of all, players don't typically peak at 23. And not picking Udoh because he's older is silly because he can still be re-signed for a 5-year deal that ends at age 32 if he turns out OK ("Ekpe"?).

2nd, if Udoh has small forward skills as you suggest, then this makes him more valuable b/c he can possibly play some minutes at both 3 and 5.

3rd, I'm not sure what you want more than benching 10x in the combine and having a ripped body to suggest that he can develop into a power player. He probably won't be Karl Malone or even Boozer strengthwise, but he can be a more nimble offensive player and a better defender than the latter.

Utah could benefit from a little more athleticism and agility and a little less bulk and yelling and the 4/5 spot. Udoh provides that.

Last edited: