What's new

I lived in Royce O'Neale's hometown.

The Fresh Prince

Just found out he's from Killeen, TX. Lived there on and off for about 6 years. I'd say it's more ratchet, ghetto and hood there than the current city I live in (San Antonio).

Also, from the looks of it Quin is still keeping the Sloan "no headband" standard because this guy loves to wear one.

Nice find. It's good to see guys like him make it to the big leagues.. Especially when they're playing for us.

Last edited:
whats the no headband reasoning for?
It's just one of those weird old-school things. I think back in the day headbands were the main way players stood out since there werent really uniquely colored shoes or anything before Jordan's.

It's just one of those weird old-school things. I think back in the day headbands were the main way players stood out since there werent really uniquely colored shoes or anything before Jordan's.

Probably everything you stated is true
, but from what I recall Jerry wasn’t against headbands. He just said that if one player wore one that everyone had to wear one. Just like the shoes, everyone wore the same colors, wether it be black, white or whichever color, all the players had the same color of shoes.
Jerry was big on the team aspect of the game, and thought they should all look the same on the court.

It looks like Quinn has relaxed the shoe colors, but I’ve never heard his comments on the headbands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jazzf...e-history-of-the-utah-jazz-and-headbands/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Actually, he’s from Harker Heights — not as bad as Killeen. We just moved from Temple.

Killeen is a frickin **** hole. My sister in law lives there for some reason. My in laws live right next door in Temple . All ex military .

I haven't been there in 10 years. I've heard it's gotten 10x worse . With Fort Hood, lots of damaged vets live there with nowhere else to go

Killeen is a frickin **** hole. My sister in law lives there for some reason. My in laws live right next door in Temple . All ex military .

I haven't been there in 10 years. I've heard it's gotten 10x worse . With Fort Hood, lots of damaged vets live there with nowhere else to go
Yeah. I got my house robbed of everything. Dude got a year in the box and 10 years probation.

Lots of killings there.. it may have the largest per capita rate in Texas.. if not it's definitely up there. Major ****hole.

Just found out he's from Killeen, TX. Lived there on and off for about 6 years. I'd say it's more ratchet, ghetto and hood there than the current city I live in (San Antonio).

Also, from the looks of it Quin is still keeping the Sloan "no headband" standard because this guy loves to wear one.

Nice find. It's good to see guys like him make it to the big leagues.. Especially when they're playing for us.

Killeen and San Antonio are nothing alike. San Antonio is a great city.

I don't know about anyone else here, but in my younger days when I played a lot, I needed a headband to contain the sweat that would drip in my eyes. But when I got older, it wasn't such a problem any longer.

Yeah I remember hearing this and thinking back to when I was stationed there lived in Killeen (it was a crap whole in the 90's can't imagine how bad its gotten now) and then moved to Harker Heights

So my point I've been quietly pulling for him and more than surprised how he's played

Sent from my SM-G925T using JazzFanz mobile app

I used to have to drive out to Killeen to get my Popeye’s, but then they put one in in Harker Heights. But it doesn’t matter it still took like 20 minutes to get there.

I don't really get the headband thing. It's one of those things, if you notice it, then it's an eyesore, but if you don't, then you don't.

Like I'm sitting here watching OKC vs Lakers game right now and I've only noticed that Carmelo is the only player wearing a headband. I hadn't noticed it until I opened and read this thread.. LOL ..

If it makes a player play better (less sweat dripping on your face, etc), then they should be able to wear it.

Are there any splits on basketball reference with and without headband?