What's new

I'm Sold On C.J McCollum

Would You Like the Jazz to Draft McCollum?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I'd rather Have Glenn Robinson the 3rd fall to the Jazz

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Batman

Chad ford Says it well. In his latest mock draft, he has the draft taking McCollum and he says the following:

The Jazz have been in the market for a point guard for a while and had their sights set on both Jimmer Fredette and Damian Lillard in the last two drafts only to lose them both. I'm not sure if McCollum is a true point guard, but I'm also not sure the Jazz need one as both Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks can handle the ball. What they really want is another shooter, and McCollum shot 51 percent from 3-point range before going down with a season-ending foot injury. He's one of the most dynamic scorers in the draft and some scouts believe he could be this year's Lillard.

51 Percent from 3. Hayward and Burks can handle the ball. We do need another Shooter. Lillard-esque. Sign me up for drafting McCollum.

I'm Batman and I approve this message.

I think I was more patient than most in regards to these threads. But it's gone now.

Chad ford Says:

The Jazz have been in the market for a point guard for a while and had their sights set on both Jimmer Fredette and Damian Lillard in the last two drafts only to lose them both.

That right there scared me.

This is a guy that's been projected all over the place and whose stock will rise. KOL will have to move up to get him... somewhere in the neighborhood of #12.

Will be interesting to see where he goes. There are so many centers entering this draft that they could push someone like McCollum out to us if teams are looking to take advantage of the deepest center draft of recent memory.

Could a guy like Steven Adams really rise up the draft board? He was a really high recruit going into college and had a decent Freshman year for a raw big man.

He kind of reminds me of Burks from what little I've read, and anyone who is like Burks will either take time from Burks or sit behind Burks on the bench which isn't necessarily what you do with a mid first round pick.
(well, other teams don't ;) )