I'm Worried About Clarkson

Saint Cy of JFC

I know a lot of people are down on Utah right now, but for the most part I'm not at all. I'm pretty confident in this team to step up when it counts. That is, I'm confident in all but one player.... Jordan Clarkson.

The dude has looked flat out bad lately. And not just miss/make bad, but not able to get past anyone in the NBA bad. Looking like Rodney Hood at his worst bad. The worst part is that I don't even think it's injury related. I think teams just have a much better scouting report on him now and the moves he had in his bag of tricks have become predictable for opponents.

Reactions: hgb

latin jazz

I know a lot of people are down on Utah right now, but for the most part I'm not at all. I'm pretty confident in this team to step up when it counts. That is, I'm confident in all but one player.... Jordan Clarkson.

The dude has looked flat out bad lately. And not just miss/make bad, but not able to get past anyone in the NBA bad. Looking like Rodney Hood at his worst bad. The worst part is that I don't even think it's injury related. I think teams just have a much better scouting report on him now and the moves he had in his bag of tricks have become predictable for opponents.
I've thinking about this too. Defenders stay in the ground, get physical and he just seems to struggle to finish around the basket. He oftentimes ends up stuck below the basket, somebody else arms or trying a contested fade away. Right now he looks like bad Burks.

vegas

Looking at splits on basketball reference, he was actually a lot better in april than March. I was surprised. Either way it feels like he should take over a game here or there and it's been a minute. To be fair I don't get to see every game, so I could have missed something.

Saint Cy of JFC

I've thinking about this too. Defenders stay in the ground, get physical and he just seems to struggle to finish around the basket. He oftentimes ends up stuck below the basket, somebody else arms or trying a contested fade away. Right now he looks like bad Burks.
Burks could draw fouls though. His attacking the rim style has mirrored Rodney Hood almost to a T recently. Just gets into the paint and tries to float a shot over his defender. Problem is he just can't get any separation so anyone with length dominates him.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
JC will be okay once he’s back in the role that he fits best in when Mike and Donovan are back.

He hasn't been playing well for like the past 3 months. I don't think it has anything to do with Mike and Don being out and I don't think it's just a slump. I think this is the real Clarkson, an inefficient chucker, it's who he's been throughout his entire career. He scores a lot of points because he takes a lot of shots. I would love to be proven wrong but I think his hot start to the season was a fluke.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
JC will be okay once he’s back in the role that he fits best in when Mike and Donovan are back.
This. He was excelling beyond expectations as the 6th man. He isn't up to being THE guy night in and night out. Once we get everyone back we'll get back into our groove. Not worried about him at all.

Agent#00

I'm much more worried about Donovan. That's a lot of games missed we dont know exactly how bad his injury is. He will be rusty when he comes back.