What's new

Imagine a world two months ago. . .

framer

Imagine a world, two months ago, where @LoPo was all:

"We are gonna take Rubio, Crowder, Favors, Neto, Korver, Allen, and a couple of picks and turn that all into Conley, Bojan, Ed Davis, Mudiay, and Jeff Green."

How many people would have laughed him off of the board? Go ahead and post your two month ago reaction.

Me: The is no way in Hell that would even work under the cap!

As many trades as he has proposed surely he has this exact one floating around somewhere.

Can somebody find that so we can review the reactions?

Everyone kinda saw the Conley trade coming. I personally saw someone like Mudiay coming in to take Neto's place after we waive him. But I didn't see us getting someone like Bojan to replace Favors. Then vets like Ed Davis and Jeff Green coming to us for cheap. I would have to tip my hat to our FO for their great work. This is a great bounce back from the underwhelming summer we've had last year.

Everyone kinda saw the Conley trade coming. I personally saw someone like Mudiay coming in to take Neto's place after we waive him. But I didn't see us getting someone like Bojan to replace Favors. Then vets like Ed Davis and Jeff Green coming to us for cheap. I would have to tip my hat to our FO for their great work. This is a great bounce back from the underwhelming summer we've had last year.

True, the Bojan signing or something like it I didn't see coming. Everything else not surprised.

True, the Bojan signing or something like it I didn't see coming. Everything else not surprised.
Yeah, Bojan is literally one of the only few options available to us in FA who's worth giving up Favs for. glad that we were able to get him and even more happy to see us quickly making up for the lost of Favs(and Crowder)'s defense, rebounding and physicality by acquiring Green and Davis. just great feelings all around to see our FO finally moving with a purpose. a big contrast to our passive approach a summer ago.

Anyone who says they knew more than an average replacement for Rubio was happening is lying or not posting. The overwhelming feeling was definitely not one of trust in the FO as to making moves whether it be trades or FA acquisition. All hopes and suggestions were laced with despair.

Just making moves restored faith in the FO, but the fact that they were excellent moves and a million of them gives them the currency with fans to bake cakes for a bit, even if contract status won’t allow it.

I wonder if there was a second team and NOP added another 2nd to out bid them.
Quite possible. How do waivers work in the NBA? Do the teams have priority based on the reverse order of previous year's W/L record? Do players claimed off waivers receive the full portion of their non-guaranteed salaries with their prior teams paying any portion that was guaranteed?

Quite possible. How do waivers work in the NBA? Do the teams have priority based on the reverse order of previous year's W/L record? Do players claimed off waivers receive the full portion of their non-guaranteed salaries with their prior teams paying any portion that was guaranteed?

Not sure how order is determined but there is an order I believe.

I absolutely did not see the front office doing so much this off season. I saw the Conley trade as the only major change they would make. I was actually pretty impressed that they found ways to keep Favors and still trade for Conley, which allowed for even more improvements. Conley’s contract so far has really not been a big factor like I thought it’d be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bojan, Davis, and Green were the big surprises to me, especially Bojan. Other than him, every other player I would have said "yeah, it's possible." The stunning thing to me is it all happened in one off season.

The wikipedia article on the salary cap says:

Waivers
NBA teams can release a player to the waiver wire, where he can stay for 48 hours (during the regular season). While he is on waivers, other teams may claim him, for his existing salary. If he is not claimed, he is said to have "cleared waivers", and is treated like any free agent, able to sign with any team (with the special restriction noted above for players who were traded and then waived).

Players waived after March 1 are not eligible to be on a team's playoff roster.[73] The deadline was March 23 during the lockout-shortened 2011–12 season.[19]

But I was under the impression that when waived, the other teams somehow auctioned on how much they'd pay of the salary, the remainder must be paid by the waiving team... Gotta find more resources on this.

Nah, if he painted out the scenario it would have been realistic.

Lopo spent all his time talking about how trading for Conley would be a "safe" move tho.