What's new

Is Kelvin Sampson an NBA coach yet?

Hopper

Banned
If not, I figure he should be, right soon. Sounds like the perfect candidate, ya know?:

"Our offensive philosophy is to simply find a way to get the ball into the hands of our team's best player." -- Coach Kelvin Sampson

If not, I figure he should be, right soon. Sounds like the perfect candidate, ya know?:

"Our offensive philosophy is to simply find a way to get the ball into the hands of our team's best player." -- Coach Kelvin Sampson

Sounds like the perfect coach for whatever team James ends up on.

....I think that's the best coaching philosophy! Get the ball into the hands of your teams best player.....clear out.....and let him go 1 on 5! Working real well for Kobe these days, ain't it???!!!

seeing as he's destroyed and been kicked out of plenty of NCAA - Division 1 programs, why not give the pros a try?

NOT

Sampson was the University of Oklahoma's coach when a friend of mine went to one of his summer basketball camps - my friend said that he was pretty consistently a huge douche.

Oklahoma newspapers would also occasionally report on how he was not a good coach - both in terms of X's and O's as well as with his interpersonal relations with the players.

Based on these two narrow viewpoints, I'd say he's not ready for coaching in the NBA.