What's new

Is your first instinct gun owner or parent?

Harambe

Contributor
Local News

According to Unified Police Department, the suspect was upset that two kids were riding a dirt bike in his neighborhood near 300 East and 4300 South (on Doreen Street). The suspect then allegedly confronted a 6-year-old boy and punched him multiple times in the head.

Officers on scene said the boy’s father confronted the suspect, who then drew a firearm and fired gunshots at the father. The father was not injured. The suspect then returned to his house and barricaded himself inside shortly after 3 p.m.

Fox 13 spoke with the boy’s father, Chris Ollerton, who said the man assaulted both of his sons.

“If he wouldn’t have pulled the gun on me, I would have tackled him and beat the crap out of him. He full-on pulled back and hit my kid, like he was a man – full on punched him,” Ollerton said. “That’s something you don’t want to see, as a father you want to protect, you know?”

“I went at it thinking, ‘I’m going to smash this guy,'” Ollerton continued. “You can’t do that to a child. Obviously, when he pulled the gun, it changed the story a bit.”

That guy felt like he(or his family) were in danger, and wanted to wanted to protect himself(or his family).

Who is that guy?

Nobody is faster on the trigger than Wayne Kenoff.
This Wayne Kenoff guy sounds pretty bad ***! You know how I could get in touch with him? I'm tryin' to come up a little and could use some tips.

This Wayne Kenoff guy sounds pretty bad ***! You know how I could get in touch with him? I'm tryin' to come up a little and could use some tips.
Just the tips?

You and GF pull a 3 day binger of hardcore drugs and alcohol or what?

I don't live on 4300w and 300e.

One guy punched a kid(or two?) in the head for driving a dirt bike(making a lot of noise) up and down the street.
Kids dad went to confront, admittedly ready to tackle the first guy.
First guy gets scared(for his life?) and pulls a gun, which very much dissuades the dad to back down

How many wrongs occur?
Can we agree that aside from those wrongs, both sides had some valid points?

I don't live on 4300w and 300e.

One guy punched a kid(or two?) in the head for driving a dirt bike(making a lot of noise) up and down the street.
Kids dad went to confront, admittedly ready to tackle the first guy.
First guy gets scared(for his life?) and pulls a gun, which very much dissuades the dad to back down

How many wrongs occur?
Can we agree that aside from those wrongs, both sides had some valid points?
No. The guy with the gun who punched the kid was 100% in the wrong. This one is easy.

No. The guy with the gun who punched the kid was 100% in the wrong. This one is easy.
This.
I'm also proud of the dad for not bringing a baseball bat or gun himself. It had to have been tempting.

We don't know if there is more history here, repeated history with the kids and the angry puncher/gun wielder asking them to stop. It really doesn't matter though, punching a kid is stupid and wrong. This wasn't some 17 year old kid that looks like an adult. The kid is 6.

Here's a tangential question for everyone. Ignore the details of this case. Are there some 6-year olds that have richly deserved a punch in the face?