What's new

It’s HOT

We went to Payson Lake Sunday afternoon/evening. The lake was way below what it was last year. By a lot.

We went to Payson Lake Sunday afternoon/evening. The lake was way below what it was last year. By a lot.
OMG right? I was up there about one week ago. Couldn’t believe it. It’s like half the size it normally is. You couldn’t even jump off the dock area. I’ll be honest, I’ll be shocked if it’s anything more than just a puddle by the end of august. So sad

Someone actually opened the damn and was supposed to close it back up and forgot. Drained the whole thing. I have a trip reserved for payson lakes in a couple weeks and am considering cancelling now.

OMG right? I was up there about one week ago. Couldn’t believe it. It’s like half the size it normally is. You couldn’t even jump off the dock area. I’ll be honest, I’ll be shocked if it’s anything more than just a puddle by the end of august. So sad
Its less than a puddle now lol. see my previous post.

I just got back from smith and morehouse reservoir. Its way way low as well. Talked to a guy who lives in oakley and he said the last couple weeks are the hottest he has ever seen. Lived in oakley for 40 years.

Someone actually opened the damn and was supposed to close it back up and forgot. Drained the whole thing. I have a trip reserved for payson lakes in a couple weeks and am considering cancelling now.
Lol, well that’s both funny and reassuring.

You’ve got to be ******** me.

when I went up there last week or so, I was seriously “this close” from buying a season pass since I love going there. Glad I didn’t buy one. Wow that sucks. I wonder how long it’ll take to recharge? What a waste of water. Unreal.

this is why I support paying good salaries and benefits to government employees. I’d gladly pay a few extra pennies in taxes to employ a talented and capable person to manage our parks and lakes.

Its less than a puddle now lol. see my previous post.
Where did you see the story about it being emptied? I wanted to forward it to my brother. I tried looking at stuff on social media but haven’t found any recent posts. So sad. I’ve been wanting to go to scofield but I think there’s a wildfire nearby and didn’t want to get smoked out.

Where did you see the story about it being emptied? I wanted to forward it to my brother. I tried looking at stuff on social media but haven’t found any recent posts. So sad. I’ve been wanting to go to scofield but I think there’s a wildfire nearby and didn’t want to get smoked out.
My mom and dad live in Payson (my dad grew up there) and my aunt and uncle own a bunch of property on the mountain west of Payson (they have all kinds of fruit orchards) and someone that my mom follows on Facebook posted a picture of the lake completely drained and then she mentioned that to my aunt and she told my mom about the guy who drained it.

So nothing official but I trust that it is what happened

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We came to Utah because it's so cool.

I saw this by the Dnews today:

IMG_5210.JPG
When your yard is dying, please remember, that you're only helping with 6 percent of our total water use.

I know a lot of talk out there is about climate change and drought. Which is an overdue conversation. But perhaps for Utah specifically, what the hell are we doing as a state letting 82 percent of our water being wasted by Big Ag? Maybe it's time for that to change? Time to grow different crops? Time to not farm in a desert that's seeing its urban areas explode with the tech industry? It's not 1921 anymore.
I just don't see any logic in letting our lawns go brown while the elephant in the room remains ignored.

I saw this by the Dnews today:

View attachment 10955
When your yard is dying, please remember, that you're only helping with 6 percent of our total water use.

I know a lot of talk out there is about climate change and drought. Which is an overdue conversation. But perhaps for Utah specifically, what the hell are we doing as a state letting 82 percent of our water being wasted by Big Ag? Maybe it's time for that to change? Time to grow different crops? Time to not farm in a desert that's seeing its urban areas explode with the tech industry? It's not 1921 anymore.
I just don't see any logic in letting our lawns go brown while the elephant in the room remains ignored.
The NSA Data Center was predicted to use 1.7 million gallons of water a day. They haven't, as far as I can tell, released what it actually uses.