What's new

It's not Hayward versus Burks

phippsj

For whatever reason it seems like this board is building a polar divide. It seems that folks either love Hayward or Burks, and go out of the way to point out bad performances by the other.

Burks has not had a great year but I'm hoping he breaks our, finds his rhythm, and tears it up. He's not CJ Miles and he's working hard to improve. Hayward had an epically bad shooting night and some are acting like he does not belong this league. Reggie Miller had the worst shooting night of his career on his very first finals game... 1 for 16.

I'm not giving up on either one. Just because Hayward was asked to bear the load on this team does not mean that he expects to carry that load forever. I to think it is going to make him a far more effective secondary option.

Having a REAL point guard is going to help Hayward and Burks a ton. Everyone was asking for the chance to let the youth movement happen... expect some extended lowlights and growing pains. Anybody remember how bad Kobe looked his first years?

Hayward had a historically bad night but still had the highest plus minus on the team. He's always been unselfish. Burks has a unique talent and may yet figure out how to bend into the team. Until we get a real offense and a real point guard for 20 games I'm not writing anybody off.

Ya, this is news to me.

I'm one of the biggest burks fans around and even I think he has sucked.

Hayward is much better than burks at this point