What's new

Jazz games on Dish

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
So since moving back to Utah I had figured that I'd get FSRM, which didn't end up being the case. I have the Top 120 package and saw that I'd get Fox Sports if I went with the 120+. Unfortunately, this was some other Fox Sports where all I could get were Avalanche games. I ordered some lame package that gave me every Fox Sports except the Salt Lake feed (what am I going to do with a Minnesota Fox Sports?) Surely I'm not the only person with Dish. How are you guys getting the games on Dish?

My parents have Dish, I'm not sure what package they have (I bet its the 120+).

I went to guide, then went to themes->sports->basketball. I found the Jazz game that way. It was something like 425 or 470 something (it was an alternate channel way up there)

I hope that helps!

It is on 476. It does not start until 8:00 o'clock, that is if they remember to switch it on. Dish sucks and I can't wait for my commitment to expire.

It is on 476. It does not start until 8:00 o'clock, that is if they remember to switch it on. Dish sucks and I can't wait for my commitment to expire.

Tell me more. Our contract just ended and we are doing month-to-month. I remember when I was looking at alternatives they were really pricey. We're only in state for another 18 months or less and a lot of places want a 2 year contract.

The game against the Nuggets was the same way. It was delayed and it started in the middle of the 1st quater. I am not sure what is going on with Dish (is anybody else having the same issue?), but after searching their web site it does not even have it listed on the programming. Check channel 476 at 8:00 p.m. is about all the other information I can give. It lists tomorrows game on channel 444 at 6:00 p.m. All you should need is the 120 programming to receive these games. Once again, Dish Network is not near as good as Direct, so basically what I am saying is that Dish blows.

Last edited:
So it started live late or they started from the beginning late?

It is a delayed broadcast to begin with so it is not live. They also did not start the delayed broadcast on time so they missed half of the first quarter. Tomorrow's game should be a normal broadcast with pre and post game show's.

I have Dish, too, and agree that it sucks. My guide says channel 476 at 8pm JIP, joined in progress, so will miss the first hour.

I have dish and haven't had any problems with the jazz games over the years. I got the pregame show the other night and everything. uhhh the game starts at 7 tonight not 8 ppl. Maybe that's why you missed the first quarter. :D

Channel 476 at 6:30 is when the pre-game starts.

I sent emails to both Root Sports and Dish...

Here's Root's response:

"Thank you for your e-mail. ROOT SPORTS delivered last night’s Jazz game in its entirety to DISH Network. We acknowledge that DISH Network did not carry the game in its entirety in HD.

For more information, please visit our website at:
https://rockymountain.rootsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25930&ATCLID=205157471

Thank you for watching!
Becky"

Here's Dish's response:

"ROOT SPORTS delivered last nights Jazz game in its entirety to DISH Network. We are looking into why DISH Network did not carry the game in its entirety in HD. Jazz games can usually be found on DISH Network within the channel ranges from 440-452 and 474-476. Thank you for watching ROOT SPORTS!"

The game was not show in it's entirety. There wasn't even an SD option.
Tonight is the same way. No SD option and the HD option on CH. 476 starts (JIP) at 8:00PM.

I called to complain and they game me a $5 credit for the next 3 months for my local sports package.

I know what time the game starts. The problem I am having is that it does not have the game on at 6:30 for me and I don't know why. If you are not having problems then it must be for a certain few. I have top 250 programming so it should not be an issue but it is.

I have been trying all day to deal with this. Dish keeps saying the game is blacked out in this area but it is not. Oh, well I might have to bite the bullet and pay a cancellation fee and go back to Direct TV which is so much better anyway.

Just had a long convo with them. Basically they don't have the bandwidth to broadcast the entire game in hd so games that root shows in hd we will only see part of them until they have the bandwidth to show it. Unreal I'm switching to directv as soon as my contract is up.

The game against the Nuggets was the same way. It was delayed and it started in the middle of the 1st quater. I am not sure what is going on with Dish (is anybody else having the same issue?), but after searching their web site it does not even have it listed on the programming. Check channel 476 at 8:00 p.m. is about all the other information I can give. It lists tomorrows game on channel 444 at 6:00 p.m. All you should need is the 120 programming to receive these games. Once again, Dish Network is not near as good as Direct, so basically what I am saying is that Dish blows.
Nuggets game started on time for me.\

The broadcast is also set to start at 6:30 tonight

But honestly. Not enough bandwidth to broadcast in HD? You gotta be kidding me. I would rather the full game in standard def, then miss any time.

My first post hopefully saves someone from beating their dog tonight. I had the same problem and I realized a setting on the Guide screen has an option for showing just the HD channels if the channel has both SD and HD. Hit your guide button twice and it will come up with options for 1) My channels 2) HD channels and 3) All channels. Select all channels and your channel 476 non HD will appear. I really hope this helps you guys cause I was getting very upset.

My first post hopefully saves someone from beating their dog tonight. I had the same problem and I realized a setting on the Guide screen has an option for showing just the HD channels if the channel has both SD and HD. Hit your guide button twice and it will come up with options for 1) My channels 2) HD channels and 3) All channels. Select all channels and your channel 476 non HD will appear. I really hope this helps you guys cause I was getting very upset.

Did it work for you?