Jazz in First Place

jazzrule

Northwest Division
Utah 4 2 .667 ---
Minnesota 3 2 .600 0 1/2
Oklahoma City 4 3 .571 0 1/2
Portland 4 3 .571 0 1/2
Denver 2 4 .333 2

Off to a good start. What does the future hold? Your thoughts?

Generally the NW is considered to be one of the weaker divisions. To see 4 of 5 teams with a winning record is honestly more surprising than seeing Utah in first.

Off to a good start. What does the future hold? Your thoughts? [/COLOR]

The future holds some scintillating basketball, hopefully. If this team can get into a groove they might be pretty special. The way they played most of the time against the Grizzlies was foreshadowing.

Portland has to be the suprise of this young season so far, two 20 ppg guards? Geezus

Generally the NW is considered to be one of the weaker divisions. To see 4 of 5 teams with a winning record is honestly more surprising than seeing Utah in first.

All but Minny are historically good teams.

All but Minny are historically good teams.

OKC is the only historically good team. Jazz, Blazers, and Nuggets have had much better teams in the past. T'wolves have had slightly better teams(lowest bar in the division).

OKC is the only historically good team. Jazz, Blazers, and Nuggets have had much better teams in the past. T'wolves have had slightly better teams(lowest bar in the division).

What?! The Jazz made the playoffs something like 20 years in a row, and only missed 7 times in the past 30 (including the current rebuild). They made it to the finals or conference finals several times. If this isn't the definition of "historically good team", then i don't know what is. Portland has an almost identical history. Denver has more ups and downs, and is just an okay team historically.

I understand what you're talking about now. You interpreted "historically good team" as "one of the best teams in history". I mean it in a "consistently good throughout their history", which is the context that makes sense in response to Sirkickyass.

My point is that last year, only one team in the division even made the playoffs. It's surprising to see near uniform strength as a result.

I see, I thought you were talking about a longer-term perception.

Only been that way the last 3-4 seasons.

Jazz, Blazers, Wolves, Sonics/Thunder and Denver all have long playoff histories that frequently overlap.

Minny looks legit...they're up by 20 in the 2nd quarter at Atlanta. They are very good defensively like the Jazz, except they have better scorers and shooters.

Minny looks legit...they're up by 20 in the 2nd quarter at Atlanta. They are very good defensively like the Jazz, except they have better scorers and shooters.
check that...up 32 now...72-40 still in the 2nd quarter...they're good.

Chances that the Jazz, Thunder, Blazers adn Wolves all make the playoffs?

Warriors
Clips
Spurs
Rockets
Thunder
Jazz
Blazzers
Wolves

That's 8 lol

Nice to see the Jazz in first. I'm also laughing about stupid Kanter only receiving 21.4 MPG so far. The guy doesn't even start!

The Timberwolves are the new clippers the only team that has under achieved them is The Hornycats.

Terrible comparison. The Jazz have always atleast a mark on the chalkboard and before five years ago we were ballers after a very brief two year rebuilding process. Next to the Spurs the Jazz are have been and will the the over achievers of the NBA.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Rockets
Jazz
Blazers
Wolves

Our division is the strongest in the nba. Jazz make playoffs 7 or 8th seed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk