Do the Jazz make a trade?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 89.7%

• Total voters

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
Do you think the Jazz will make a trade at the deadline this season? They have a deep bench and a heap of assets. Vote and reply with a trade idea.

No. But if they did I would like to see:

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

UTA trades Alec Burks + 2 round pick to LAL for Lou Williams and Swag.

Utah does it: Bring in a former 6MOY and scoring machine LW to help with the scoring droughts. UTA can cut him if they think he'll be a distraction, or include him in a 3-way for a pick. Honestly, I think Nick Young on this team would be hilarious.

LAL does it: Helps LA get Young off their team, put the Russell drama to bed and let the young guys learn the hard way by losing and maybe keeping their 1st round pick this year. Net some young talent for Williams, he's not part of their future and they need assets.

Or if Utah goes on a huge losing streak into the break.....

UTA trades Hayward to BOS for Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson and the Brooklyn 2016 1st round pick.

Last edited:
If Gordo gives any hint of leaving you have to trade him for something and if Gordo leaves Hill leaves also..... and then we're back to being garbage lol

Do you think the Jazz will make a trade at the deadline this season? They have a deep bench and a heap of assets. Vote and reply with a trade idea.

Utah does it: Bring in a former 6MOY and scoring machine LW to help with the scoring droughts. UTA can cut him if they think he'll be a distraction, or include him in a 3-way for a pick. Honestly, I think Nick Young on this team would be hilarious.

LAL does it: Helps LA get Young off their team, put the Russell drama to bed and let the young guys learn the hard way by losing and maybe keeping their 1st round pick this year. Net some young talent for Williams, he's not part of their future and they need assets.

UTA trades Hayward to BOS for Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson and the Brooklyn 2016 1st round pick.

OMG YUCK! I just spewed in my mouth a little.

So tough to know whether Hayward is leaving or not...

I wish he'd give us an indication either way so we know what to do & prepare for.

I think they will, even if it's something small involving the Jazz's extra 2nd round picks. I don't think they'll make a big move with Hayward's free agency unresolved, but they might play nice with other teams looking to make a move.

If we make any trade it will be like on the back end of our team, like moving a guy like Withey or Neto.

I voted No.

But I think they should look to upgrade the back-up PG spot, if it's possible to do so without surrendering any major assets. No homer, but I think we are in our "window" right now. We should make high-impact tweaks when/where possible, and that is an area where we can do that.

The Jazz offense would be a lot better adding Lou Williams and Swaggy P. What about for Burks, Exum, and Utah's best pick? Would people do that?

The Jazz offense would be a lot better adding Lou Williams and Swaggy P. What about for Burks, Exum, and Utah's best pick? Would people do that?

No... no swaggy he's a moron. Burks for Lou straight up or no deal.

We may make a small deal if Hill doesn't sign an extension. We have cap space still and to not use that space to pick up a pick or another player would be another sign of the millers being cheap asses.

The Jazz aren't trading Burks, he's our insurance against Hayward leaving. If Hayward leaves, they'll slide Hood down to the 3 and start Burks next season.

So tough to know whether Hayward is leaving or not...

I wish he'd give us an indication either way so we know what to do & prepare for.
He'd be stupid to do that. As a fan I'd love to know what he is planning but he can't limit his options in any way. It's just smart business.

NO for the super simple fact that there is great chemistry and why break that up.

The addition of Lou Williams probably isnt going to swing a playoff series, so I agree. He plays no defense and he is very streaky (awful so far in January).

If I'm trading for anyone, it's for some defense in the 2nd unit at a guard or wing position.

We may make a small deal if Hill doesn't sign an extension. We have cap space still and to not use that space to pick up a pick or another player would be another sign of the millers being cheap asses.

I'm going to remind you of this nonsense when the Millers are paying the LT.

Using that cap space would be stupid if it effects the salary position next year. We need to sign Hill and Hayward, filling a little bit of space this year and jeopardizing that would be insane.

Using that cap space would be stupid if it effects the salary position next year. We need to sign Hill and Hayward, filling a little bit of space this year and jeopardizing that would be insane.

We can go ever the cap to sign both those guys, so it wouldn't affect that. However, filling cap space just to fill it can be a big mistake down the line if a significant trade becomes available, and Utah isn't able to make it work because we don't have enough flexibility. That's a big reason why KOC for years always tried to leave a little room under the cap when it was feasible to do so.

Of course, then if no trades happen there will be a bunch of fans throwing a fit because our GM sat on his hands and didn't do anything, but it doesn't mean it was the wrong approach, even if that big trade doesn't come along. There's always an angle or two that fans overlook when they complain about stuff like that, and it's never as simple as they make it out to be.

I hope not unless it's for Anthony Davis or something.