Jazz @ Nets Nov. 5th 5:30 MT: Brandon Rush Might Play

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Sexual Favors, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Sexual Favors

Sexual Favors Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    The Ugliest Wingspan

[​IMG]

& The League's Most Diabolical Coach Killer Have Reunited
    [​IMG]

And Joined Forces With These Dinosaurs
    [​IMG]

To Be Coached by This Stand Up Citizen
    [​IMG]

BUT THEY ARE NO MATCH!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_yByDq-Bk

Brandon Rush
    "Might see some action n the game tonight"

^ from his Twitter account

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    moevillini likes this.
  2. Sexual Favors

Apr 5, 2013
    Peter Novak
    "RT @Peter_J_Novak: Before u get excited for Rush starting remember: 1-he's likely on min restriction for at least a month; 2-he said he sees himself as a 6th man"

3. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    From DJJAzzyJodi--

[​IMG]

Evans Jersey is hanging in the Barclays locker room, is he going to play too?

Too bad there is no Game thread to disquss this.

4. Gameface

Gameface Fire Controlman

May 25, 2010
    He's talking about hooking up with cheerleaders.

5. Hekate

Hekate Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    He is terribly out of shape but we are tanking anyway.

6. Sexual Favors

Apr 5, 2013

He can hit the 3 ball. Let him play the old man with a pot belly shooter game until he gets back in shape. We need the spacing, and so far G-Time isn't helping, and Kanter's not allowed to.

7. green

green Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    So, is this the official game thread?

I think Deron destroys us tonight. We lose big.

8. Sexual Favors

Apr 5, 2013

Why? He hasn't done so yet, and the Nets are obviously still figuring the chemistry thing out.

9. cctrackstar

cctrackstar Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    The team is so excited about getting Rush, but he's one of the oldest players on the team, older than Biedrins and Willilams. Doesn't that make him one of the worst candidates for slowing the development of the young talent? Maybe he's a late bloomer, and having lost a season to injury, there isn't as much tread on the tires, but I can't get excited for a player to play when he will be taking time almost directly from Burks. I'd say I hope that Jefferson loses the time, but he's actually playing pretty well. Really, based on performance, maybe Hayward should lose the time. (yikes)

10. bjunior

bjunior Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    no slippers for gobert?

11. Stoked

Stoked Modstapo Staff Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I am excited about Rush, because unlike Biedrins, Rush has the potential to help the team. Wether he does or not reramins to be seen. But he has a skill set that could actually benefit the youth.

What benefit you ask?

So glad you asked. He has a career 3 pt% of 41%. That is pretty dang good. What's more, teams know that and will be forced to guard him. Well this helps the youth by giving the youth that good shooter they can kick out to. Learning when to kick it out is a valuable skill. But hold on! That's not all! It would also give Kanter, Favors, Evans and Gobert room to move as teams will be less likely to pack the paint with an increased shooting presence on the perimeter. This could lead to some of them getting offensively comfortable and gettign that side of their game going.

Now, can Ty mess this up? Of course, but the potential for helping the team is there. Unlike you I am willing to hope. That is the whole point of this season. So cheer up, stop trying to bring us all down, grab a chair and whatever you like to drink and enjoy the ride.

12. Sexual Favors

Apr 5, 2013
    Jefferson should lose the time. He had 1 good game and 2. Bad games, and most importantly, he sucks defensively. Jefferson is older than Rush and will become too fatifued to offer much of anything, we should prep Rush now. Rush is 3&d--two things we need this season.

13. Julie Greengiant

Julie Greengiant Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    burks should be running point right now anyway

14. LjJazzman

LjJazzman Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    You do realize that almost everyone has been wearing their uniforms on the bench during the games right? Even Rush and Williams have been in uniform for every game. The only person who hasn't dressed at least once is Trey.

15. Stoked

Stoked Modstapo Staff Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Personally if I was a coach I would have all players travel with the team and dress in uniforms as soon as medically cleared to travel. Wether they play or not they can support and cheer for the team. Establish a team atmosphere.

16. homeytennis

homeytennis Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I thought Locke said Rush was in horrendous physical condition. To play him might risk further physical injury.

17. LjJazzman

LjJazzman Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Agreed.

All I was pointing out is a player dressing or having their uniform ready in the locker room has nothing to do with them playing or not.

18. bjunior

bjunior Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    i'm excited to see rush in action

oh, and if we want to keep him next season, it'll be fun to compare his stats with cj miles's this season

because from the previous years stats, i would choose cj + he's younger and cheaper

19. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    No, I didn't. But it makes sense. League rules so they have to dress so many.

20. cctrackstar

cctrackstar Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I guess the end analasys is that playing Rush means trying to make the playoffs, not tanking.