Jazz set a record tonight!

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by fastmodena, Feb 23, 2013.

1. fastmodena

fastmodena Member

Oct 2, 2010
    As the only basketball team in the history of the earth to have 3 of 5 starters not score a single point! I have never seen this even on the playground. Of course I'm ranting but this is supposed to be the NBA! My guess is that this has truly never happened and if it has it was due to injuries or something.

Tinsley, Williams, and Foye all need to be relegated to the bench to send a message. Oh wait this is Corbin, so Burks and Kanter should lose more playing time.

2. Xsy

Xsy Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Don't worry, they'll get more minutes and more opportunities to score next game.

3. JazzyD

JazzyD Active Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Marvin needs to sit! He is a huge problem. Demare needs to take his minutes in the starting lineup. I'm okay with Hayward still coming off the bench. He brings scoring to the second unit and can still play starter minutes. The other problem I have is Watson. This character shouldn't get a lick of time on the court. He is by far the most worthless player on the team. I am so sick of watching him make mistakes. I want us to win but have to remind myself how nice a lottery pick would be.

Zulu likes this.
  4. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    Exactly. They just need time to warm up. The problem isn't that the three are bad players, it's the damn NBA schedule. Just too long in between games. That's naturally to blame. So give them each 35 mins next time!

I know we don't like +/- stats, but isn't it painfully obvious by now that the Jazz start off almost every game by digging a big hole? When was the last game the Jazz starters dominated? Bench clawed back, only to have the starters again suck wind in the 3rd.

Justys likes this.
  5. DutchJazzer

DutchJazzer Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    it is the lack of experience
    we need more vets.

6. Qman

Qman Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    The real problem was the Clippers. Don't they know there is no defense played for the first 5 minutes of the game.

7. Weezur

Weezur Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Is this a real stat or an angry fan stat?

8. Gas

Gas Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I think Foye gets a pass for now. He had a very rare bad shooting night.

Marvin sucks. Give Demarre the minutes or somebody else. Marvin is just a complete ghost out there. Plus we want to give him every reason to opt out.

9. JazzyD

JazzyD Active Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's time to start Raja. He can make shots.

10. JazzyD

JazzyD Active Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I agree. Marvin has had plenty of opportunity to show some worth. It's time to make a change.

11. DutchJazzer

May 26, 2010
    best idea yet.
    we needs raja.
    could we sign josh howard too.

12. seattlejazzfan

seattlejazzfan Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Corbin will seriously consider benching Marvin, but in the last game that Corbin gives him minutes, Marvin will hit 3 or 4 open three pointers, a lay up or two, finish with 15 or so points and keep his minutes for the remainder of the season. Granted, he may not have another good game after that, but he won't need to.

13. mhindy

mhindy Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Marvin needs to get Raja'd. Dude is terrible and makes everyone worse simply by being in the same country. Tell him to move to Canada.

14. orangello

orangello Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    I agree that those three going 0fer is not acceptable. I would point out that Foye took the most shots and he only shot 5 times, Marvin 3 times and Tinsley 1.

I would point out that Jefferson did miss his first 5 shots and yet the team kept feeding him.

15. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yes, give DeMarre Marvin's minutes then watch Portland give Demaree a 6 Million/ year contract while the Jazz are stuck with Marvin for 10 million and more despondent.

16. DutchJazzer

May 26, 2010
    so those 3 took less shot than jefferson missed all night?
    jeffy missed 11 shots
    those guys took 9 :)

17. udflyer

udflyer Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Hayward does not get starter minutes off bench. He gets 24 or so

He needs 32-35

18. JazzyD

JazzyD Active Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I didn't say he does, I said he can still get starter minutes. He deserves more minutes but that doesn't necessarily mean he needs to start.

19. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    I've been saying this for a month now.

Sadly, the worse he does the MORE likely it is that he opts in, not the other way around. If he gets relegated to the bench he's never going to think he can get more money from another team in the off season.

20. franklin

franklin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    The team executed pretty good to start the game but they missed open shots. It happens. Last night's slow start was a lot better than coming out without energy and playing confused. Jefferson missed 3-4 good looks (minimum) and Foye clanked two shots badly.

Hayward working their entire backcourt was fun to watch, especially when Barnes was on him.