What's new

Jazz starting 5

Growlor

What is your top all-time starting 5 for the Jazz?

pg-Stock
sg-Pistol Pete
sf- A. Dantley
pf-Karl doing what Karl do
C -Eaton /Kanter? Not as easy for me to determine as the other positions.

Milt Palacio
Raja Bell
CJ Miles
John Amaechi
Luther Wright

Coached by Corbin with Greg Miller as the owner.

What is your top all-time starting 5 for the Jazz?

pg-Stock
sg-Pistol Pete
sf- A. Dantley
pf-Karl doing what Karl do
C -Eaton /Kanter? Not as easy for me to determine as the other positions.

Lets talk about our wish-starting 5 for this year:

Schroeder or Carter-Williams
Hayward
Webster
Kanter
Favors

Hmm that brings up an interesting question, do you guys think Kanter/Favors (depends on who is considered a 5) will become the best Center in Jazz History. I think it would be disappointment if not.

pg-Stockton
sg-Pistol Pete
sf- Dantley
pf- Karl Malone
C- Favors (some offense unlike Eaton, but still guards the paint)

I bet a thread like this has been created 100's of times. Seems like someone does this thread every few months.

I bet a thread like this has been created 100's of times. Seems like someone does this thread every few months.

I bet a thousand similar threads are created every year between the end of the Jazz's season and the draft... Sorry.. I can only read so much about potential draftees. I was looking for a different conversation.
I hate this time of year...

First Team: Stockton, Pistol Pete, AD, Malone, Eaton
2nd Team: DWill, Horny, Thurl, Memo, Rich Kelly
3rd Team: Ricky Green, Bobby Hansen, AK47, Boozer, Jefferson??

Hmm that brings up an interesting question, do you guys think Kanter/Favors (depends on who is considered a 5) will become the best Center in Jazz History. I think it would be disappointment if not.

I like to think that one of them (probably Favors) could earn that distinction. Eaton was a defensive monster, but the jazz would be playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end with Mark in the game. I remember many games watching Mark park outside the three point line on offense and just wait for the play to be over to get back on D. While it worked to somewhat draw the opposing Center out, just imagine the force Eaton could have been with just a little more offense to his game. The sky hook he had was really not all that bad.

With Favors, If he can pick up a little more on the Offensive end (which I think he may) , and can keep the Defense up that he has now, I think he can be the best Jazz center that the Jazz have had, at least till his replacement comes in 10 or so years down the line.

Nope. No one will ever be better than "The Whopper," Billy Paultz. Actually, I guess we can't count him because he only played 1 season with Utah. Likewise, Antoine "Big Dawg" Carr joined the Jazz on the downside of his career. So I guess the discussion sadly comes down to Eaton, Ostertag, Memo or Kanter. Favors will likely be considered a PF, much like Tim Duncan is thought of as a PF , even though half his minutes come at the 5. I think Kanter has the tools to become the most complete center the Jazz have had. He certainly will never be the defensive force Eaton was, nor will he likely have the offensive game of Memo. Ostertag had the potential to be a complete center; he just didn't have the desire to do it on a regular basis. Hopefully Enes doesn't follow that path. And I agree, it will be a big disappointment if Kanter DOESN'T become the best 5 in Jazz history.